Author Topic: Around Wales ... and maybe England  (Read 839 times)

Pequod

Around Wales ... and maybe England
« on: 16:45:31, 11/01/11 »
Being at something of a loose end employment-wise I've decided to fulfill a long-held ambition and spend a few months walking around Wales and, depending on whether or not I can finance it, around England too. I'm planning on leaving at the beginning of May and basically spending as many months as possible on the trails, hills and coast. As I said in my intro post I'm not new to walking but I've never attempted anything on this scale before. I'd welcome any advice/ideas in general and I have some specific questions that perhaps someone here can help me with. In particular I have some ideas on footwear and pack that I'd like to sound off about so I'll post them in the gear section and thanks in advance to anyone who can offer an opinion. Cheers.

lejogplodder

Re: Around Wales ... and maybe England
« Reply #1 on: 22:04:24, 11/01/11 »
Firstly the best of luck on this  undertaking, i hope you will do a blog of the journey so we can read your views on the places passed.
On gear i can only say try as much as you can and go with what suits you.
I did the south west coast path last year, you can find a link to the reader version of that journey on the sidebar of my blog.
http://johnparsons55.wordpress.com/
Coast walking is tough but oh so scenic, enjoy.
Cheers J.P.

Pequod

« Reply #2 on: 17:05:00, 12/01/11 »
Thanks lejogplodder. Unfortunately I doubt that I'll have access to t'interweb or suchlike so a blog is unlikely. I do intend to keep some sort of journal or log though and post filled notebooks back to a mate's address to keep for me. I might do something with them when I return, possibly a winter project, and maybe post something online then. Cheers.

Pequod

« Reply #3 on: 17:12:44, 12/01/11 »
Just had a look at your blog - very impressive, good pics too. I love coastal walking too and am lucky to have the  Pembrokeshire Coast Path on my doorstep (almost!). Good luck with your endevours.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy