Author Topic: walking the south glen sheil ridge  (Read 935 times)

edd78

walking the south glen sheil ridge
« on: 12:46:20, 22/12/13 »
hi all

i was planning to do the south glen sheil ridge next summer i know there is a bus service on the a87 but don't know where the bus stop will be and the times. the plan was to catch the bus to take me to the start at the Cluanie Inn. and how lond do you think it will take to complete the walk

regards
eddy

Highs and Lows

• Veteran Member
Re: walking the south glen sheil ridge
« Reply #1 on: 13:09:59, 22/12/13 »
The citylink bus will stop at the Cluanie (start of the walk), but there is no official bus stop at the point where you'll come down to the road. It's a good few miles back to the Cluanie, try hitching a lift.
I didn't find the mountains - the mountains found me

https://www.flickr.com/photos/some_photos_by_jim

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:35:50, 22/12/13 »
I caught the Glasgow bus from the Shiel Bridge campsite and he knew where the start was, near the battle site and dropped me off there. So I just walked back and descended to the public bar at Shiel bridge.  Can't remember the bus times, but I strongly suspect that Google does know them.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:50:23, 23/12/13 »
My tactics when I did this walk was to leave a mountain bike nr the Cluanie inn and parked the car further down the valley so I had a gentle mostly downhill ride back to the car.

PS. If you are doing the munros on your own or even if you are a group sharing one car a bike is an almost essential bit of kit.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy