Author Topic: Winter walking  (Read 13154 times)

angry climber

• Account Closed
Re: Winter walking
« Reply #75 on: 23:05:38, 31/08/11 »

Me too  O0  ~Flaming Go Out Doors, online says Basildon has in stock the Berhause Mountain Cap, went all the way there tonight to get one and they havent got any in yet!!! >:(

Go outdoors usually stock the Lowe Alpine mountain cap. I have tried a few and it the original and best. Stay away from seal skins one it shrunk, or my head got bigger but I can not wear it anymore.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #76 on: 06:28:38, 01/09/11 »

Go outdoors usually stock the Lowe Alpine mountain cap. I have tried a few and it the original and best. Stay away from seal skins one it shrunk, or my head got bigger but I can not wear it anymore.
Glad you told me about the Seal skins problem I was considering that one, they had the Lowe Alpine one but wasnt sure if they were any good there £15.99.
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

Ruthr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #77 on: 08:37:48, 01/09/11 »

It's silly isnt it! I wanted to get one for this weekend in case it was wet and cold, oh well never mind !  ::)

If you have a wooley hat I've found wooley hat with hood up to be as effective as a swish waterproof hat. Can't bring myself to spend money on a decent one as I had a tendancy to lose gear!
Sponser Emma to walk Scafell Pike next month in aid of Brace and in memory of her Great Nan
http://www.justgiving.com/emmas-challenge

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #78 on: 09:06:37, 01/09/11 »
If you have a wooley hat I've found wooley hat with hood up to be as effective as a swish waterproof hat. Can't bring myself to spend money on a decent one as I had a tendancy to lose gear!

You must have been reading my mind that's the conclusion I came to yesterday, my coats hood has a peak on it and I can draw the elastic to make it tight, and yes the hats are very expensive.. tks Ruth

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #79 on: 10:39:33, 01/09/11 »
The forecast is more likely to be wet, looking at both MWIS (which at the moment only goes up to Friday) and below is the outlook for Saturday from the Met Office.    :(
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoor/mountainsafety/peakdistrict/peakdistrict_latest_pressure.htmlSaturdayCloudy and wet with rain at times. Some of the rain could turn heavy later in the day with hill fog becoming widespread at times. Quite windy with a strong west to southwesterly wind over high ground.

Thanks Fleegle, well if we wrap up warm it doesnt matter  O0

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #80 on: 13:39:51, 01/09/11 »

You must have been reading my mind that's the conclusion I came to yesterday, my coats hood has a peak on it and I can draw the elastic to make it tight, and yes the hats are very expensive.. tks Ruth

I usually use a normal baseball cap and pull my hood up if its that bad.

If I didn't, then water just runs down my neck.....    :-\

You're welcome re the forecast. On a more encouraging note, Sat is now included in the MWIS outlook, guess what, its looking a little better.

http://www.mwis.org.uk/ajqzksrawsqhq/PD.PDF

Catbells

• Veteran Member
« Reply #81 on: 13:59:40, 01/09/11 »

I usually use a normal baseball cap and pull my hood up if its that bad.

If I didn't, then water just runs down my neck.....    :-\

You're welcome re the forecast. On a more encouraging note, Sat is now included in the MWIS outlook, guess what, its looking a little better.

http://www.mwis.org.uk/ajqzksrawsqhq/PD.PDF

Lets hope the weather stays good   :)

Fleegle

• Veteran Member
« Reply #82 on: 14:25:39, 01/09/11 »

Lets hope the weather stays good   :)

Yep.    O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy