Author Topic: leaking meindl boots  (Read 16170 times)

Gary

Re: leaking meindl boots
« Reply #15 on: 16:53:15, 04/10/12 »
I have recently bought a pair of Meindl Softline Light GTX boots and they have been great so far. Even when my Mountain Equipment Morpheus coat gave in the boots were still going strong, until i went through a river in them :o

My Scarpa SL's have been bomb proof but just heavy at the end of a longish day so will keep them for the winter

Superspark

« Reply #16 on: 11:46:43, 26/10/16 »
I have two pairs of Meindl Meran boots. They fit like foot gloves. Have been cared for with meindl wetproof and sportwax. I have walked miles through all sorts of boggy country and have never even had damp feet. They are fantastic and I would recommend them to anyone!

DK

« Reply #17 on: 20:27:45, 22/02/17 »
No complaints about my Meindl Vakuums, two years in and never a leak even when bog trotting or fording streams. Top up with Sportwax regularly and apart from totally waterproof they are really comfortable  O0
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 22:45:42, 22/02/17 »
Started to reply to this thinking it was similar to a very old thread only to discover that it IS the very old thread.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 00:11:54, 23/02/17 »
If this thread was a child, it would have started school by now.
Solvitur Ambulando

DK

« Reply #20 on: 09:19:11, 23/02/17 »
Wow, didn't realise comments were restricted to a ceratin age of posts. So educate me in the etiquette of what I should and shouldn't make comment on please chaps...thanks
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:41:18, 23/02/17 »
Wow, didn't realise comments were restricted to a ceratin age of posts. So educate me in the etiquette of what I should and shouldn't make comment on please chaps...thanks
Comment on what you like, it doesn't really matter. It's simply that occasionally threads get dug up from years previously and the original poster is long gone.
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 10:20:34, 23/02/17 »
Meindl still make boots and they might still be leaky so the thread has value despite its age.

I've had two pairs of Meindl boots and I've had only one day when they leaked.

It was the final day of the coast to coast and they hadn't been cleaned or reproofed for 12 days. It was horribly wet and they simply became saturated and wetted out. If I'd given them any attention during the trip it probably wouldn't have happened.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 12:46:24, 23/02/17 »
I've had my Meindl boots for about 5 years and they have never leaked, despite extensive walking through Dartmoor bogs.  I spray them regularly with Grangers or Nikwax proofer.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 15:50:31, 23/02/17 »
I've had my Meindl boots for about 5 years and they have never leaked, despite extensive walking through Dartmoor bogs.  I spray them regularly with Grangers or Nikwax proofer.

Given the preservative properties of peat bogs, one wonders if proofing is necessary  ::)
Solvitur Ambulando

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 16:19:23, 23/02/17 »

Given the preservative properties of peat bogs, one wonders if proofing is necessary  ::)

;D ;D

Cairncamper

« Reply #26 on: 01:13:48, 24/02/17 »
I wish people would mention approx how many days they've used gear, instead of months, years.

It annoys me, so start doing it!

I don't care if you've had your boots for 3 years, if you've worn them about 3 weeks a year, or whatever, ok!?  :P

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 08:23:57, 24/02/17 »
I wish people would mention approx how many days they've used gear, instead of months, years.

I don't care if you've had your boots for 3 years, if you've worn them about 3 weeks a year, or whatever, ok!?  :P

I don't keep track of how many days/hours I go out walking!   :P

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 08:24:56, 24/02/17 »

I thik they would have to be buried deep in the peat.
Mind you that happens frequently in the Cheviots. :D
Too little, too late, too bad......

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 08:26:10, 24/02/17 »

Do you want proof of purchase as well?
Too little, too late, too bad......

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy