Author Topic: Any way to rescue leaking boots  (Read 17107 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Re: Any way to rescue leaking boots
« Reply #30 on: 18:58:43, 07/11/12 »
Not going to bother trying to take the boots back, Going to spray them with Fabsil and use them for dry days (if we get any soon). They are quite battered so I think Salomon would not replace them and put the leakage down to wear and tear.
Hello Wayne :)    they are your boots and your decision but you are not by any means the first to send boots boots in your condition, let the company making the boots deside, be more positive, worse they can do to you is say NO.   Get a backbone, what have you to lose :) ;) O0

Wayne s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 19:27:16, 07/11/12 »
Time and petrol money is what I have to lose, I really just can not be bothered to be honest.

les+heidi

« Reply #32 on: 19:30:26, 07/11/12 »
My pair of Saloman qwest's also sprang a big leak after around 15 months (I think), problem was i was half way along a very wet Pennine Way so had to trudge on with very wet feet for many days, not good. I'm thinking of going back to leather boots next, probably Altbergs, their new Malham boot look quite nice.
Les

Wayne s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:45:34, 07/11/12 »
It's not just the leaking, they take such a long time to dry when they do get wet.

les+heidi

« Reply #34 on: 20:13:33, 07/11/12 »
Mine are the same, the fabric gets sodden, the liner leaks so you feet get wet and stay wet even if the conditions improve. Mine have been set aside for dog walks etc, wont be buying anymore as I know other who have suffered similar failures. That why im going back to leather.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy