Author Topic: hill walking for the not so fit.  (Read 5075 times)

garytombom

hill walking for the not so fit.
« on: 13:44:42, 03/11/06 »
Hi everyone.
I'm 44 years old and into hill walking. Only started last year.Already done Ben Nevis, Cairngorms, Snowdon, Scafell and others in lake district and snowdonia. This year even attempted Mont Blanc. Managed to walk at 13000ft. Successfully done the Yorkshire 3 peaks in just under 12 hours. Wish I had discovered the hills and mountains sooner. I'm not too fit and am afraid to say am a smoker. But the buzz I get from attaining a mountain top is indescribable. I am looking for right minded people who are more than welcome to join me on any of my many sorties. Been let down all too often by people I know. Not looking for athletes, as I wont keep up.
I do all the driving, just share the cost of diesel.
Based in east Lancashire.
Heres hoping
                    Gary Thomas
Live today like its your last.

Deerplay

Re: hill walking for the not so fit.
« Reply #1 on: 00:21:30, 04/11/06 »
Doesn't sound like you're too unfit if you've done all that! I'm 46 and consider myself an ex alpine mountaineer. I just walk, ski and cycle up and down mountains now. I too am based in east lancs and enjoy walking. I wouldn't be averse to meeting up with people but have other commitments too. I would suggest that you post your plans on this forum and if I'm able to make an "expedition" I'll post a reply.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Thomas

« Reply #2 on: 06:02:31, 08/12/06 »
Hi Gary,

I would be interested in meeting up, I'm also a smoker, 26 probably below average fitness, I did Snowdon via Crib Goch this Summer I'm from Skipton N.Yorks and presently studying Adventure Recreation Management: it's only 3 days a week so let me know when and where.

Thank Tom Williamson

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:56:12, 18/09/07 »
 O0 i would like to join you and others if possible,sounds fantastic,when and where? post on here and i will see it ok.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy