Author Topic: The Yoredale Way  (Read 2177 times)

rambling minster

The Yoredale Way
« on: 16:31:16, 05/10/19 »
Afternoon folks,

Most of my recent walks have involved using a hostel/bunkbarn as a base to do a few day's hillwalking/wildlife watching, usually in Scottish hill country, but I feel it's time to do a multi-day trail again having not walked one since St Cuthbert's Way (a great walk) in September 2016.

Just been having a look at the Yoredale Way, which looks quite interesting. Has anyone on here walked this route?

Thanks in advance

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: The Yoredale Way
« Reply #1 on: 20:53:06, 05/10/19 »
We haven't walked the whole route, but we've walked the section from Hawes - Askrigg - Aysgarth on a Wensleydale-Swaledale backpack and the high Mallerstang section from High Seat to Little Fell more than once.
The Mallerstang section is excellent, if a bit rough and potentially boggy around Little Fell, and that dale section is typical Yorkshire Dales valley walking.
I notice that in the dales the route often follows footpath segments that are not evident on the ground, according to the OS 1:25000 mapping, I don't know if these would cause any problems.

sjwato

Re: The Yoredale Way
« Reply #2 on: 18:52:01, 07/10/19 »
There's a chap currently walking the route and bloging: https://lonewalker.net/yoredale-way-2019-day-1/ [nofollow]

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy