Author Topic: Kinder Scout from Hayfield  (Read 3885 times)

nesty

Re: Kinder Scout from Hayfield
« Reply #15 on: 00:05:18, 30/09/17 »
I don't think Edale is served by any buses (though I may be wrong). Certainly not from the Hayfield side - High Peak Buses serve this area.

You can walk the Sett Valley Trail to New Mills and catch a train to Edale. It adds a couple of miles but it's easy walking.

I haven't yet used it but I think High Peak Buses have a route that connects Hayfield and Glossop, which you could use to do a walk back over the moors to your starting point, perhaps the Doctor's Gate Path to Pennine Way south, and then down to Hayfield via Mill Hill.

ok thanks. Had a look at High Peak Buses. The services really are quite sparse. I wasn't expecting TFL at all, but still!

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 00:18:19, 30/09/17 »
Hayfield is also on the Stagecoach 358. Here's a link to timetables and a public transport map of Derbyshire

http://www.derbysbus.info/times/

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:14:29, 30/09/17 »
I haven't yet used it but I think High Peak Buses have a route that connects Hayfield and Glossop, which you could use to do a walk back over the moors to your starting point, perhaps the Doctor's Gate Path to Pennine Way south, and then down to Hayfield via Mill Hill.
This bus https://bustimes.org.uk/services/em_11-61-E-y08 I've used it a number of times.

nesty

« Reply #18 on: 13:24:13, 30/09/17 »
Great many thanks.

nesty

« Reply #19 on: 19:20:20, 04/10/17 »
Walk in map completed.
Did a slight error at number 9 & ended going down kinderlow end.
Didn't make Kinder summit. Got to low tig point.
Tho couldn't see the summit.
Legs a bit achey.

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 20:38:33, 04/10/17 »
Don't worry about the summit.. Kinder low trig point is waaaay more interesting! A mighty fine spot O0

Kinder low trig by Ian Hart, on Flickr

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 11:39:21, 05/10/17 »
Don't worry about the summit.. Kinder low trig point is waaaay more interesting! A mighty fine spot O0

True that! In fact, the summit is probably a strong contender for the least interesting point on the plateau...  ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy