Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276016 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #255 on: 07:30:29, 20/04/17 »
I walked nine miles from Goole to Howden today. Not enough time to walk back so I got the bus. I'm running out of local day walks where I haven't been before. My maps are covered in different coloured highlight pens. I need to go further afield on 2 or 3 day walks.

Ilona

OMG, I actually saw someone standing looking at a map between the bridge and the pub and thought she looked familiar and thought it was you but thought "nah, can't be"

It was around about 1:40pm  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #256 on: 12:37:10, 20/04/17 »
OMG, I actually saw someone standing looking at a map between the bridge and the pub and thought she looked familiar and thought it was you but thought "nah, can't be"

It was around about 1:40pm  O0

Yes, it was me. I crossed over to the other bank at that point and was looking for the path underneath the bridge.  Just written the blog post. Made a little video a bit further along.

https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/along-river-ouse-from-goole-to-howden.html

Well well, what a coincidence.  :D
ilona

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #257 on: 19:08:19, 20/04/17 »

Yes, it was me. I crossed over to the other bank at that point and was looking for the path underneath the bridge.  Just written the blog post. Made a little video a bit further along.

https://meanqueen-lifeaftermoney.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/along-river-ouse-from-goole-to-howden.html

Well well, what a coincidence.  :D
ilona

It's strange reading a trip report about my own area, I live in the centre of Howden  O0

I walk often along the riverbank between Howden and Goole, the houses in Hook that you mention that cut their grass all the way to the riverbank, there is a right of way all along there so no idea if they own the grass or not but it's still a lovely walk.

If you work in Howden and cross that bridge 4 or 5 times a day, you soon get fed up when you get near it and you have to wait for the bridge to open and close, grrr.
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #258 on: 21:55:53, 21/04/17 »
Gonna jump in the car with himself on Monday cos he has to go to Mungrisedale.  I'll have a walk around Blencathra ish whilst he's working.  AND I get to try out my new OS digital map system.  Cool eh?   :) :)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #259 on: 22:38:55, 21/04/17 »
Gonna jump in the car with himself on Monday cos he has to go to Mungrisedale.  I'll have a walk around Blencathra ish whilst he's working.  AND I get to try out my new OS digital map system.  Cool eh?   :) :)

Here's one for you http://www.haroldstreet.org.uk/routes/download/?walk=1605
Solvitur Ambulando

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #260 on: 22:52:35, 21/04/17 »
cheers ninthace.  Not sure my level of fitness will get me up Blencathra to be honest, but you never know.   ;) ;)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #261 on: 23:14:44, 21/04/17 »
cheers ninthace.  Not sure my level of fitness will get me up Blencathra to be honest, but you never know.   ;) ;)

Try this one then. Less strenuous. http://www.haroldstreet.org.uk/routes/download/?walk=2647
Solvitur Ambulando

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #262 on: 09:14:09, 22/04/17 »
It's strange reading a trip report about my own area, I live in the centre of Howden  O0

I walk often along the riverbank between Howden and Goole, the houses in Hook that you mention that cut their grass all the way to the riverbank, there is a right of way all along there so no idea if they own the grass or not but it's still a lovely walk.

If you work in Howden and cross that bridge 4 or 5 times a day, you soon get fed up when you get near it and you have to wait for the bridge to open and close, grrr.

If you fancy a walk in my area, Burton, Alkborough, Whitton, let me know. Then you can do a trip report and I can read it.  :-*

Ilona

Ilona

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #263 on: 19:28:43, 25/04/17 »
I went a walk from Midhurst in West Sussex today, taking in a stretch of the New Lipchis Way by the river Rother. The riverside walk was very pretty and reminded me a bit of some of the dales I've walked in the White Peak.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #264 on: 19:50:07, 26/04/17 »
Did an old favourite 'Dales' walk of mine this afternoon.... Started at 1pm from Monsal Head and wandered down into Monsal Dale. Quite a few birds about in the Dale and some Mandarin ducks on the river.  Crossed the A6 at the end of the dale before climbing through the woods towards Sheldon.  The woods were covered in a green carpet of Ramsons, although they're not in flower yet.  It's one of the best places to see them in the Dales. From Sheldon, it's an easy stretch across a couple of meadows before dropping steeply down into Deep Dale. As time was getting on, I retraced my steps back through Monsal Dale but did take a different path back up to Monsal Head.
A tad under 10 miles in sun, hail, some more sun and a bit more hail  :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #265 on: 19:54:04, 26/04/17 »
A 12 mile walk from Findon Valley, near Worthing, up onto the Downs as part of my final prep for the Pennine Way that starts on 18 May  O0
Where there's a will ...

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #266 on: 22:54:47, 26/04/17 »
A quick wizz around a few local Tors on Bodmin this evening.  Minions car park out to Kilmar Tor, via Stowe Hill and Sharp Tor. Then along the ridge, past High Rock, as the sun set and across Whitney Brook to the settlements and fallen stone circle, before heading back to Minions. Bitterly cold wind for April and no moon, which I missed on such a beautiful star lit evening.

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #267 on: 08:18:00, 27/04/17 »
Continuing on the Muro Trail, rest day today......

There is definitely something in the water up here ;D

Image may contain: outdoor

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #268 on: 09:59:25, 27/04/17 »
A neolithic trek around The Chains on Exmoor yesterday. Barrows and standing stones plus views from Wales to Hartland Point.  Mostly dry under foot too apart from the bit of bog I didn't see by Chain Barrow and fell in!
Solvitur Ambulando

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #269 on: 16:28:37, 27/04/17 »
A neolithic trek around The Chains on Exmoor yesterday. Barrows and standing stones plus views from Wales to Hartland Point.  Mostly dry under foot too apart from the bit of bog I didn't see by Chain Barrow and fell in!
What were you doing, walking on a toilet? ;D
And why is a giant red bug on the roof of that car? :o
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy