Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278837 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #270 on: 16:52:43, 27/04/17 »
What were you doing, walking on a toilet? ;D
And why is a giant red bug on the roof of that car? :o

Volkswagon Beetle.

Today I finished my South Downs Way walk in Eastbourne after 7 days and no rain, fantastic.

Enjoyed the walk greatly but not the camping as much, or the steep climbs back to the path when you venture off it to find campsites or shops  :D
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
« Reply #271 on: 11:49:00, 02/05/17 »
Image may contain: mountain, sky, cloud, nature and outdoor

The Cuillin Ridge from my last visit.

Weather looks good so back to Scotland this week my mate is also doing the munros so the Inn Pin is on the cards.

This is of course why I have not completed my round of Munros cos I keep getting roped into the mountaineering routes.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #272 on: 14:38:53, 02/05/17 »
Volkswagon Beetle.

Today I finished my South Downs Way walk in Eastbourne after 7 days and no rain, fantastic.

Enjoyed the walk greatly but not the camping as much, or the steep climbs back to the path when you venture off it to find campsites or shops  :D
Surprised you can find owt if it doesnt have a postcode stamped on it in large letters......... ;D
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #273 on: 17:21:54, 02/05/17 »
Super trip today: Woody Bay to the Valley of the Rocks by the SWCP and return on an inland route over South Cleave hill. Sea views, bluebells, wonderful rock formations, cliff top and shady woodland paths - a bit of everything including a stretch at the end of "we know there is a footpath across our land but while we have stiles in place we are not going to encourage you to use it."
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #274 on: 18:07:22, 02/05/17 »
I did six laps round the top corridor of our office building today, plus an outdoor excursion to the sarnie van which pulled up in the car park... probably racked up a whopping quarter of a mile  :D

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #275 on: 21:28:18, 02/05/17 »
Walking from Wetton tomorrow.  A bit of a magical mystery tour by all accounts....but I think we'll be visiting Thor's Cave at some point!
***Happiness is only a smile away***

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #276 on: 21:58:16, 02/05/17 »
On Thursday afternoon I should be in Grasse and hope to be already hiking on the GR4 route before darkness? I'll then have to make an on-the-go decision as to where I'll sleep for the night. Or, I may choose to stay near Grasse, use the remaining daylight hours to find a pitch for the night, then wander back to a bar and after a few drinks will then slink back to my chosen 'spot'. Then, if all goes well up at dawn and off I go! A lot will depend on the weather that day, I just hope its not raining.

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #277 on: 22:13:25, 02/05/17 »
I did six laps round the top corridor of our office building today, plus an outdoor excursion to the sarnie van which pulled up in the car park... probably racked up a whopping quarter of a mile  :D

Did you use a map and compass, or GPS?

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #278 on: 18:59:49, 04/05/17 »

Did you use a map and compass, or GPS?

;D

Oi.  Wot yer saying about mi sense o direction?  :D

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #279 on: 19:02:19, 04/05/17 »

;D

Oi.  Wot yer saying about mi sense o direction?  :D

:D :D

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #280 on: 20:04:23, 04/05/17 »
Managed a truly uncomfortable Cwm Eigiau Horseshoe this afternoon.
I knew it was going to be blustery on the tops, but even with three Pertex layers on, the temperature was frightfully cold.
Incredible views, with magnificent clarity, but the strength of the NE wind, made the walk at times, downright unpleasant.

The strangest aspect of the entire walk, was that the main summits, Llewellyn especially, were almost totally calm, its only when you left the tops, to lower levels the wind increased considerably.

I took a friend with me, who had not experienced the mighty Carneddau before, he really enjoyed the entire walk, taking loads of pictures to take home to Gifford.

In all, a day spoilt by the incessant wind, but the views were amongst the best Ive seen in many a year.

Finished in a decent 5hrs 52min, and boy was i glad i took gloves and a balaclava.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #281 on: 20:26:34, 04/05/17 »
I walked today on the High Weald Landscape Trail from Wakehurst Place to West Hoathly and then on the Sussex Border Path to Horsted Keynes.  A scenic walk in lush rolling countryside, with a beautiful wooded ravine, lakes, bluebell woodlands and two medieval churches.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #282 on: 20:30:10, 04/05/17 »
I took a friend with me, who had not experienced the mighty Carneddau before, he really enjoyed the entire walk, taking loads of pictures to take home to Gifford.

Looking forward to seeing some  O0
Where there's a will ...

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #283 on: 20:47:51, 04/05/17 »
Did not take any photos this time, but had the weather been more favourable it would have been a great photo opportunity.
Its not often that one is blessed with almost a cloudless sky, and very clear visibility, that one does not enjoy a classic walk.
The main Carneddau ridge between Foel Grach and the start of the rocky section towards llewelyn, was a nightmare, just trying to find limited shelter amongst the rocks, the wind was bitting cold, and incredibly strong  A REAL SHAME.

If this lovely sunny weather continues, and the wind drops, i may take my friend on the Cwm llafar route next week, then there will be piccies a plenty. PROMISE

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #284 on: 21:24:58, 04/05/17 »
Chagford and Dartmoor yesterday, super bluebells again; SWCP tomorrow - circular from County Gate towards Porlock Weir. Anyone know a good pub in Porlock Weir?
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy