Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 279070 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #540 on: 18:31:57, 24/06/18 »
Tue and Wed off so having 2 days walking some of the Pennine Way from Hebden to Haworth via a diversion to Stoodley Pike then the next day walk from Haworth to Gargrave.

Bit of training before doing the Southern Upland Way in 3 weeks  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #541 on: 09:58:16, 25/06/18 »
Last few weeks, I’ve been walking part of Leeds/ Liverpool canal route, starting from Leeds end. Last week got to Gargrave...which is probably as far as I can get, using the train to get to and back from walk in a single day.

Probably have to consider nights at B and B to get futher along. So last Thursday, just caught train to Leeds, and did first part of Aire/Caulder navigation. Pleasant but not as outstanding as canal route.

On Friday, did a segment of Round Sheffield boundary walk, starting and ending at Woodhouse.

I think I bought book describing boundary walk (which I I think is about 34 miles in total) about 3 years ago..and I’ve only done about 60 percent of walk to date. I intend to complete it over next few weeks...but given weather forecast for this week, doubt I’ll be adding to it this week.

harry_keogh

« Reply #542 on: 10:23:05, 25/06/18 »
I'll be doing Sharp Edge, Blencathra, and surrounding Wainwrights on Tuesday Evening (4pm till 10pm)

Skiddaw and surrounding Wainwrights Wednesday morning starting at 6am

That's the plan anyway... if I get there too late on Tuesday, I may be forced to squeeze them both into Wednesday, which is going to be a nightmare in this heat.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #543 on: 18:49:21, 25/06/18 »
I'm back in Rutland to finish off bagging the County with a nice 6 mile walk from Empingham up to Exton tomorrow which is possibly the same route mananddog suggested to me. It's going to be another boiling hot day too.

Well that didn't go quite to plan..Ended up walking from Empingham to Whitwell along the north shore of R.Water and returning the same way. Far too hot for my original plans :(  still did 7 miles though :)

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #544 on: 20:28:16, 25/06/18 »
Its a full moon on Thursday night, which might see me walking up to a summit on Thursday evening and down from one on Friday morning  :)

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #545 on: 22:21:38, 25/06/18 »
I might be out on Wednesday, and on Thursday or mebbe Friday.  Dunno where to go tho, it's gonna be hot, so I think I want to go upwards to the cooler air, although getting up there is going to be hot.  I don't really want to have to drive to far either.

Thinking............................

sparnel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #546 on: 22:32:44, 25/06/18 »
Island of Coll for two days starting tomorrow, Tuesday.  8)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #547 on: 08:26:40, 26/06/18 »

Island of Coll for two days starting tomorrow, Tuesday.  8)

Nice.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #548 on: 20:18:18, 26/06/18 »
Just booked a week off for two weeks time. I've ordered a made to measure rucksack just hope it comes on time. If not I'll just have to use the old one. Getting the ferry over this time, hoping to do four Munro's and a handful of Corbet's as I make my way back to Maliaig.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #549 on: 21:00:51, 26/06/18 »
I went a circular walk from Chichester today in the glorious sunshine, following a path by one of the creeks of Chichester Harbour, from Fishbourne to Dell Quay and Chichester Marina, and coming back along the New Lipchis Way beside the canal.  Chichester Harbour is one of my favourite places to walk  -  serene, idyllic and so beautiful.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #550 on: 00:46:55, 27/06/18 »
Just booked a week off for two weeks time.

That's this fine weather over then.

Have a good one.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #551 on: 23:31:06, 27/06/18 »
Quick run out on Bodmin moor this evening?  Rather warm.

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #552 on: 00:10:47, 29/06/18 »
Wensleydale.  From Wensley to Ayesgarth n back again.   :) :)

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #553 on: 10:45:36, 29/06/18 »
I had intended visiting the magnificent burial cairn of Bryn Cader Vaner this week, to take some high quality photographs.
With very low humidity, and incredible air clarity, its almost ideal walking and photography  conditions, apart from the almost oven like heat.
The temperature here in Dyffryn has never fallen below 28C since last Saturday, and yesterday was totally unbearable.

Not a breath of air, almost as if a blow torch is resting above your head.

Pleasant temperatures are one thing, but its rare for it to be so hot that you cannot venture outdoors for a walk.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #554 on: 19:38:20, 08/07/18 »
This week, I will mostly be walking in..... the Lake District  :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy