Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573040 times)

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2790 on: 18:44:02, 28/11/19 »
Got three days in Borrowdale this weekend, and, touch wood, the forecast looks good.

Enjoy, it does look good but very cold. I can't make my mind up where we are going but it will a wild camp somewhere with a sunset view  :)
Hate will never win

Hadrian

« Reply #2791 on: 18:39:49, 01/12/19 »
A short walk along the Northumberland Coast Path, from Embleton to Craster, passing Dunstanburgh Castle.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2792 on: 22:20:51, 01/12/19 »
A short walk along the Northumberland Coast Path, from Embleton to Craster, passing Dunstanburgh Castle.

My childhood stomping ground. Getting the herring guts from Robsons to go fishing for crabs off the harbour wall, accounted for many days in the summer holidays. Tomorrow have to go up to Amble so may try to walk from the little shore up the wynd to Warkworth and back.

« Last Edit: 09:59:42, 02/12/19 by jimbob »
Too little, too late, too bad......

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2793 on: 07:27:52, 02/12/19 »
Dunstanburgh Castle is lovely.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2794 on: 07:31:17, 02/12/19 »
Explored the aptly named Craggy Woods near Staveley, Kendal yesterday whilst waiting for my newly purchased mountain bike to be checked over. A lovely bit of woodland; a steep climb up through majestic mature beech onto the top of the crags, followed by a meandering wander through lovely mixed woodland. I can't get enough of trees after living in Orkney for 17 years!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2795 on: 13:12:22, 02/12/19 »
Enjoy, it does look good but very cold. I can't make my mind up where we are going but it will a wild camp somewhere with a sunset view  :)

Hope you had a good one too.  Did you get a sunset view on Saturday - there were quite a few clouds around the Borrowdale area?

Had a great wlak with Photonut on Saturday, Seatoller- Base Brown, Green Gable, Brandreth, Haystacks, Fleetwith Pike, Honister, Seatoller, Haweswater Gold.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2796 on: 21:04:09, 02/12/19 »
I can't get enough of trees after living in Orkney for 17 years!

:)

Did you get a sunset view on Saturday - there were quite a few clouds around the Borrowdale area?

We did, not a great sunset but we did get a view of it  :) We were above Wast Water.

Had a great walk with Photonut on Saturday, Seatoller- Base Brown, Green Gable, Brandreth, Haystacks, Fleetwith Pike, Honister, Seatoller, Haweswater Gold.

Haweswater Gold? I can't recall that fell name  ;)
Hate will never win

Hadrian

« Reply #2797 on: 21:09:58, 02/12/19 »
Dunstanburgh Castle is lovely.

It was a beautiful day - cold but with bright sunshine.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2798 on: 21:27:24, 02/12/19 »
Not many people know about or even look for the harbour in the gut next to the castle. Quite interesting. We were led to believe that there was a tunnel from here up to Embleton tower. Never got an inkling where it could have been, but the erosion has been really bad over the centuries.

Also that there was a smugglers tunnel up to Howick Hall further south at  what was Howick caves which collapsed years ago, next to the rumbling kern.
Too little, too late, too bad......

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2799 on: 22:35:38, 02/12/19 »
:)

We did, not a great sunset but we did get a view of it  :) We were above Wast Water.

Haweswater Gold? I can't recall that fell name  ;)

It's number 215. O0

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2800 on: 00:52:18, 03/12/19 »
Out and about near Napier on the North Island, exploring waterfalls with our lad.

We swam through this one and sat on the shelf behind.  Water not to cold here.

Still so much to explore.

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2801 on: 09:55:19, 04/12/19 »
The start of my very wet & muddy walk around Lapworth yesterday. At one point two women were walking the opposite way. We greeted each other then one of them said it is very muddy up there. I thought to myself , I already guessed that as I`v been walking in mud for two hours.

When I arrived where they pointed to however, it was indeed very muddy and the deepest of the day. More like slurry and I had my work cut out stopping myself going knee deep. :o :o Pride comes before a fall....
Still I thoroughly enjoyed the walk as the sun shone for most of the time I was out and about. All good therapy to combat modern life... ;)

A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2802 on: 10:28:52, 04/12/19 »
Unfortunately, I can only manage short walks at the weekend, more than likely to the top of Portsdown Hill as usual for me and the Queen Elizabeth Country Park, near Petersfield Other than this, Saturday is the day when I plan to was my down sleeping quilt, then wait about a week, with a bit of TLC in between, for it to dry.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2803 on: 07:55:40, 10/12/19 »
Lovely photos guys O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2804 on: 12:06:56, 10/12/19 »
At the moment, I plan to return to Snowdonia for a couple of nights but the weather looks rubbish Thursday - Saturday  :-\  I'm keeping an eye on it for now

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy