Author Topic: The NHS and my hiking experiences  (Read 4256 times)

Troggy

Re: The NHS and my hiking experiences
« Reply #30 on: 10:19:21, 26/07/18 »
It is bizarre to comment on some of the criticisms levelled at NHS and it's workers. I don't see having a jaundiced view is anything other than a jaundiced (viewed with jealousy, envy or resentment) view. It would appear that some have a view of the NHS that is over critical whereas others, including many on here, recognise it is in no way perfect, nor are the human beings who work in it; but are very supportive of the organisation and it's staff.

I've had a variety of problems, some more serious than others, in the last few years and each one could have put a spanner in the works as regards going out for a walk, either local or out hiking in the countryside. So my hiking experiences are just that, walking and hiking which I couldn't have continued without the NHS.
Like any other public service, it is asked to achieve impossible targets and to do it on the cheap as well.

Troggy

« Reply #31 on: 10:24:52, 26/07/18 »
Just to clarify I should have inserted quotation marks at the beginning of my last post post "I must admit I find it  bizarre to comment that any suggestion, however worded, that the NHS is less than perfect..."

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:26:39, 26/07/18 »
Went to see my GP about a painful knee. He asked me how it happened. I explained it happened after a steep 3000ft descent on rocks.
“Do you do a lot of walking?”
“About 6 to 7 hundred miles a year, is that a lot?”
He had a grope of the offending limb and its matching companion.
“You’re not going to like the next bit”
“What?”
“Stop”
Clearly a quack. We compromised. He prescribed vitamin I gel 5 times a day.  I carried on walking and didn’t tell him.
Solvitur Ambulando

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy