Author Topic: Help.... Sore feet!  (Read 934 times)

Boothy26

Help.... Sore feet!
« on: 19:24:31, 26/04/09 »
Hi, wonder if anyone out there can help, Ive been walking on and off now for a number of years.  However, I have one major problem my feet!  After about two miles of walking a get a burning sensation just behind my toes on both feet but my third toe on my right foot is agony.  Ive been to the chirpodist nothing wrong with my feet or my boots (allegedly), I have bought some gel insoles which did seem to help this weekend I managed to get from Glenridding to Hellvelyn pain free but on the descent down my feet were killing.  Anyone any suggestions? Id really appreciate it :)

the coot

Re: Help.... Sore feet!
« Reply #1 on: 07:47:02, 27/04/09 »
See your doctor, it could be Morton's neuroma http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/mortonsneuroma/Pages/Introduction.aspx
(though it was the fourth toe for me). Are you seeing a chiropodist who is also a podiatrist (i.e. they usually say that they do gait analysis etc.)?

Boothy26

« Reply #2 on: 08:15:58, 27/04/09 »
Thanks very much for your advice and the link, it certainly sounds like that is the problem. 

Do you get pain in both feet and does the pain go once you stop walking? It only happens to me when Im hill walking.  Have you been able to continue walking?  Thanks again for your help.

the coot

« Reply #3 on: 10:46:18, 27/04/09 »
Yes and no, I had full blown Morton's neuroma when I was preggers with my eldest son, I could have happily cut my toe off, it was more painful than the birth, but I was in Germany nothing was done about it and it went away when I stopped looking like a hippo and didn't come back for my second son (fortunately). I saw a podiatrist back in the UK and they found that I had hypermobile joints in my feet, this should have been picked up and corrected when I was a child and now I have 'foot spread' (the pregnancies made it worse). Orthotics help with this and my feet are now smaller (almost 2 sizes folks!). But I still do get the initial symptoms of it if I walk or run too far, the pain in my forefoot and the crampt feeling even though I know my boots are the correct size and my foot is well supported. I should lose more weight, that would help even more.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy