Author Topic: derbyshire walk  (Read 1323 times)

kkm

derbyshire walk
« on: 19:46:29, 30/12/07 »
here's a couple of photo's i took while walking last year in derbyshire. We started on the pennine bridleway, then headed off towards crowdecote, then sheen hill, and pilsbury, before back to our start point on the bridleway. it was about 8 hours and 21km (if i remember right). the weather was beautiful, and it was quite early on in the year.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: derbyshire walk
« Reply #1 on: 10:46:53, 31/12/07 »
I take it this was one of your training walks for the PW??

21 km is no small challenge, well done.  O0

kkm

« Reply #2 on: 17:38:55, 31/12/07 »
yes it was........we were at the "lets do as many miles as we can" training stint. was a good one, and the weather was soooo nice. if only it had been like that on the pennine way....... :)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:15:03, 02/01/08 »
Fantastic 21km is achievement, Derbyshire is an absolutely lovely place to visit >21km< is not to be overlooked I remember my first time in Scotland yet another  beauitful place to see.  On one of the day's we walking 28 miles round Ben Nevis.......On the last six miles I had developed a blister I hoped all the way back to the campsite..........Never I'd walk as far in one day but on looking at the Gps just over 28.3 miles we walked in a day.  Yeah you're right you'll need lots of training on doing the Pennine Way.  As it proves very hard,  plus if the weather nasty than it even more hard going than if it was nicer.  Lovely pictures KKm
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy