Author Topic: ViewRanger 2019 Challenges  (Read 979 times)

Steve922

ViewRanger 2019 Challenges
« on: 21:55:36, 14/01/19 »
Anyone else recording Mileages in the ViewRanger Walking Challenges? I'm in the Walk 500 miles (under the name of Steve Bak.) I entered the 1000 mile last year but managed less than 500. Due to an illness at the start of the year, I'm already behind schedule!  LOL

clyoung

• Veteran Member
Re: ViewRanger 2019 Challenges
« Reply #1 on: 22:55:02, 14/01/19 »
I did the 250 mile challenge 3 years ago and have decided to have another go but include mileage in my working life not just leisure. Already at 11% so think I will sign up for the 500 one. I'm not going to get much leisure walking done in the first half of this year.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 00:19:37, 15/01/19 »
Then again, you could just open a spreadsheet.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:23:44, 15/01/19 »
Then again, you could just open a spreadsheet.

I had you pitched for an App man. :)

Spread sheet for me too.  O0  I try not to get too fixated on the distance targets and focus on the physical effort required, Otherwise I found I  was picking easier routes  just to get the miles in.  Still well over 1000  last year,, despite an injury early on.

No target at all this year, as I am trying to relearn how to climb and that is taking up a couple of sessions a week, were I would have walked last year.

Oh to be retired. Guess you have to put the years in first.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:50:29, 15/01/19 »
I had you pitched for an App man. :) 

Oh to be retired. Guess you have to put the years in first.
Can’t beat Excel. I have one workbook with 1 sheet for each year. For each walk I record, area, location, date, distance, height gain, time, gps file and a comment on the weather, who with and significant events. I also track boot mileage and my wife’s mileage. Me? Compulsive?  Never!
Can’t beat being retired. During my mid week walks I often wonder what the poor people are doing. Now if getting old was optional but it beats the alternative.
Solvitur Ambulando

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:10:32, 15/01/19 »
My wife and I still have our training logs back to when we were teenage cyclists.   No records of the 34 years I was a surfer though, that was basically a case of, if there was surf and time I was surfing, lol.  Odd that I don't miss either the cycling or surfing much.  Life's too short.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy