Author Topic: weather  (Read 3659 times)

mountain goat

weather
« on: 14:00:44, 14/01/13 »
 anyone in the peaks to day wish i was . O0

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: weather
« Reply #1 on: 14:14:39, 14/01/13 »
Oh yes  O0
Where there's a will ...

OutdoorsApe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:15:26, 14/01/13 »
anyone in the peaks to day wish i was . O0

I am looking at them longingly from my studio window... :(
Its been snowing here nearly all day, and I keep saying to myself, "just 10 minutes away", but by the time I've finished work it'll be dark and I don't fancy night walking on the ice...
"We shall not cease from exploration. And the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time."

mountain goat

« Reply #3 on: 15:06:38, 14/01/13 »
i bet the views are out of this world when the snow is down i live in doncaster but wish i was sat on the top of lose hill wi a nice hot cofee  O0  i couulkd sit up there all day long .....................

JaneLiv

« Reply #4 on: 16:00:22, 14/01/13 »
Not that good to be honest - damp light snow has been falling most of the morning and now melting just enough to be unpleasant.  The further north and east you go the better it is I think.
Exploring, Leading, Inspiring; guided walking and hill skills in the Derbyshire Peak District, Mountains of Spain & beyond!

www.mountain-house.co.uk [nofollow]

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:40:07, 14/01/13 »
Should be excellent conditions tomorrow; sunshine and lying snow. Depending on what time I get up I shall be out in the Hope Valley or Calver/Bakewell area.
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

Michael

« Reply #6 on: 17:00:59, 14/01/13 »
Should be excellent conditions tomorrow; sunshine and lying snow. Depending on what time I get up I shall be out in the Hope Valley or Calver/Bakewell area.
Forecast looks good and with a freeze tonight it promises to be a nice day.  I'll be stuck in the office (in the garden) so i'll be envious of you.  Take care though, coming back from Sheffield this lunch time there was road chaos at Fox House. 2 cars of the road and 2 had collided!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:31:02, 14/01/13 »
I'm planning on doing either Kinder Scout or Derwent Edge tomorrow. Haven't decided which yet.  I'll see which looks the snowiest and take it from there!  :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Jellybelly

« Reply #8 on: 19:23:16, 14/01/13 »
I'm planning on doing either Kinder Scout or Derwent Edge tomorrow. Haven't decided which yet.  I'll see which looks the snowiest and take it from there!  :D

can you kidnap me  and force me to come with you it will be friday before i get out 
Is that so

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:24:08, 14/01/13 »

can you kidnap me  and force me to come with you it will be friday before i get out

I'll be walking then too  ;)

Jellybelly

« Reply #10 on: 19:30:58, 14/01/13 »

oh good a bit of company  ;)

it feels like lonely walker WLTM   ;D

Is that so

roughyed

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 14:28:43, 16/01/13 »
Any idea how things are in Edale at the moment?  Contemplating camping on Thurs and Fri to catch the snowmageddon that's on the way!

(thinking by train as more likely to get home on Saturday?)

urbanhymn01

« Reply #12 on: 21:34:44, 16/01/13 »
hi roughyed were u thinking of camping im looking get over to edale looks like we in for a winter weekend O0  happy days

justinwillerton

« Reply #13 on: 21:52:38, 16/01/13 »
Any idea how things are in Edale at the moment?  Contemplating camping on Thurs and Fri to catch the snowmageddon that's on the way!

(thinking by train as more likely to get home on Saturday?)

Everything is clear in Edale, working in bamford this week. there is a covering of snow everywhere and all levels, But the roads are all completely clear and will remain clear probably until friday lunchtime according to latest weather forecast. (Met office Mountain forecast Peak district)
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/mountain-forecast/#?tab=mountainDetailed&map=Mountains&zoom=5&lon=-4.00&lat=55.09&fcTime=1358329899

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22:30:25, 16/01/13 »

I chose Derwent Edge in the end.  Saving Kinder Scout for when the big snowfall comes!....
It was snowing for the first hour or so....

Then the sun came out for a while....

Then the clouds rolled in again....

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy