Author Topic: Dry-ish walks in the Peak District  (Read 931 times)

harry_keogh

Dry-ish walks in the Peak District
« on: 09:08:34, 21/11/16 »
Looking at getting out for a 10 mile-ish walk in the Peak District on Wednesday. I'm bringing someone with me who I'm hoping not to put off by making him walk through a mudbath for the whole distance. Also, I don't really want to do anything I've already done before (roaches, kinder, mam tor, lose hill, derwent edge, bleaklow, black hill, dovedale, wolfscote dale, shutlingsloe, shining tor, higger tor, burbage rocks, matlock bath).

So what I'm looking for is a circular route that, despite the heavy rainfall today, will still have decent paths, or at least rocky/stony paths. I've been looking at the Manifold and Hamps Valley area but I'm not sure what this is like after heavy rain if somebody would like to advise. If it can get bad then I'm open to any other ideas....

One more requirement if possible - I like it to be a bit of a workout so a few hills would be good. If not then no worries.

What I'm attempting to avoid is this: Picture of a boggy Biggin Dale from allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy