Author Topic: Wild campers group broken up by Police  (Read 2827 times)

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
Re: Wild campers group broken up by Police
« Reply #30 on: 15:12:13, 03/04/20 »
Steamy Tea, why the word 'worrying?'
It was pushed though Parliament without proper debate.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4020453.stm
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 15:18:38, 03/04/20 »
Thanks for that, I don't remember that bill too well other than I agreed with it.

Mind you getting through Parliament without proper debate seems to me there was a little thing called 'Brexit' that experienced something similar to this as well? Or am I wrong? And how many times I wonder, if any, other bills over the past ten years have gone through like this? I don't have a good political memory about these sorts of things I'm afraid.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 15:23:00, 03/04/20 »
The fox hunting laws were debated long and hard in the Commons, it was the Lords who rejected it.  In that case I think the Gov were ok to force it through as they had a mandate to do so, whereas the Lords might be seen as being non-democratic and many with vested interests?  However, the bill/act are fairly widely consider to be badly drawn up - I think that much is clear, whichever side of the hunting ban you are on.

GWM - not that often - the article states four times since 1949.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 15:41:43, 03/04/20 »
I wonder who pushed through the other 3?

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 16:08:31, 03/04/20 »
Thanks for that, I don't remember that bill too well other than I agreed with it.

Mind you getting through Parliament without proper debate seems to me there was a little thing called 'Brexit' that experienced something similar to this as well? Or am I wrong? And how many times I wonder, if any, other bills over the past ten years have gone through like this? I don't have a good political memory about these sorts of things I'm afraid.
The Welfare Reform Bill 2012.Parliament claimed "financial privilege".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-16825646

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy