Author Topic: TR: Withernsea - beachcombing bimble  (Read 2335 times)

dittzzy

• Veteran Member
Re: TR: Withernsea - beachcombing bimble
« Reply #15 on: 00:40:57, 17/06/20 »
Class report Mel.  I love the sea monsters, and then a giant crab as well!

It just goes to prove that sometimes a bit of moody mist makes a walk much more interesting than if it was a sunny day.    Good Bimble.  Love the pebbles and rock towers.
 O0 O0

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:40:11, 17/06/20 »
Another great TR. I love walking on what I would normally call a Winter Beach. Perhaps that's the difference between beaches in the north or south - normally we only get empty beaches in the winter.

There was a sea-roke yesterday along the Devon coast around Sidmouth but I don't know a Devonian word for it - just sea-fog or sea mist. It was the sun was shining above it so it was like being in the tropics all deliciously hot and humid.

I think sea Haar or Fret are other names but again both from up north.

The pebble flowers are delightful.

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 13:20:52, 17/06/20 »
What a grey day!. Plenty of interest in the walk though and I like the fossil posts.  O0

Cheers VGH  :)

Class report Mel.  I love the sea monsters, and then a giant crab as well!

It just goes to prove that sometimes a bit of moody mist makes a walk much more interesting than if it was a sunny day.    Good Bimble.  Love the pebbles and rock towers.
 O0 O0

Ta muchly Dittzzy.  I was pebble spotting most of the time and didn't notice the mist until I looked up!

Another great TR. I love walking on what I would normally call a Winter Beach. Perhaps that's the difference between beaches in the north or south - normally we only get empty beaches in the winter.

There was a sea-roke yesterday along the Devon coast around Sidmouth but I don't know a Devonian word for it - just sea-fog or sea mist. It was the sun was shining above it so it was like being in the tropics all deliciously hot and humid.

I think sea Haar or Fret are other names but again both from up north.

The pebble flowers are delightful.

Thanks Jac  :)   I'm sure most coastal towns and villages have their own local variants of sea fog... bit like Eskimos have loads of names for snow.

The pebble flowers have given me the inspiration for my next glass "thing".

Warbler

« Reply #18 on: 15:28:41, 17/06/20 »
I enjoyed that Mel. Nice one  O0

I cycled to With and back a few times in my youth. From my memories, it was very often "atmospheric"  :). Went to Aldbrough, just up the coast, a lot too.

Whenever I think of Withernsea, I get Morrisey lyrics in my head:

"In this seaside town,
They forgot to close down"

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 15:59:04, 17/06/20 »
Perhaps you feeling of foreboding was about the US Airforce plane that crashed the next day 74 miles off Flamborough/Withernsea. :(

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 18:12:26, 17/06/20 »
I enjoyed that Mel. Nice one  O0

I cycled to With and back a few times in my youth. From my memories, it was very often "atmospheric"  :) . Went to Aldbrough, just up the coast, a lot too.

Whenever I think of Withernsea, I get Morrisey lyrics in my head:

"In this seaside town,
They forgot to close down"

God that hill in Aldbrough.  Bet that was fun on a bike  :D

... mmm... you've just given me a walk idea...

Morrissey / those lyrics sum With up perfectly  ;D

Perhaps you feeling of foreboding was about the US Airforce plane that crashed the next day 74 miles off Flamborough/Withernsea. :(

Oh gosh.  Don't say that harland  :(   Though it did cross my mind when I saw that on the news, yet I still had the feeling yesterday to a lesser extent.  Not today though  ???

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy