Author Topic: Ambling round Aston on Clun & a stride up Burrow hill , Shropshire . 24th June .  (Read 2538 times)

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member

Thanks Dodgylegs . I hope your knees are on the mend . O0

Crouched down in greenhouse today to sort out tomato plants didn't do them any favours!

Will always remember walking across Pontcysylite Aqueduct, after unexpectedly discovering it one evening, whilst on holiday. Went back a few years later to go across by canal boat, amazing place.

GnP

• Veteran Member

Crouched down in greenhouse today to sort out tomato plants didn't do them any favours!

Will always remember walking across Pontcysylite Aqueduct, after unexpectedly discovering it one evening, whilst on holiday. Went back a few years later to go across by canal boat, amazing place.
Ahh the crouching down is easy for me . It`s the getting back up that`s the challenge . ??? :)
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

April

• Veteran Member
I wonder if it was the Chirk Aqueduct

I think it might have been that one  :)
Hate will never win

GnP

• Veteran Member

www.youtube.com/embed/XkIqwzEeEEE"

My Daughter wants to visit ...so the powers to be have to be obeyed  ::)

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
It was the Pont Cysyllte aqueduct, we posted about a few years ago, April identified when I posted about a walk which featured some secret steps, a falling tree and a mad local accountant, who had uncontrollable urges with a chainsaw. It is an interesting place to go for a walks. If you go the and come back being able to pronounce Froncysyllte so that the locals recognise it, one of the pronunciation great stepping stones. I have the horrible feeling that the nearby householder will have buried the Secret Steps under his garden rubbish, it led into an awesome way down though the quarries that provided the stone for the aqueduct.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

GnP

• Veteran Member
It was the Pont Cysyllte aqueduct, we posted about a few years ago, April identified when I posted about a walk which featured some secret steps, a falling tree and a mad local accountant, who had uncontrollable urges with a chainsaw. It is an interesting place to go for a walks. If you go the and come back being able to pronounce Froncysyllte so that the locals recognise it, one of the pronunciation great stepping stones. I have the horrible feeling that the nearby householder will have buried the Secret Steps under his garden rubbish, it led into an awesome way down though the quarries that provided the stone for the aqueduct.
My God...the plot thickens .....https://forvo.com/word/froncysyllte/
 O0 O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
Lovely stuff G&P - and some cracking photos there too.

GnP

• Veteran Member
Lovely stuff G&P - and some cracking photos there too.
Thanks for looking pdstsp  . O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy