Author Topic: I always shave in the morning!  (Read 3054 times)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
Re: I always shave in the morning!
« Reply #30 on: 14:51:41, 19/07/19 »

The younger the better. Ooooh la la William

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 16:09:21, 19/07/19 »
I think some are being well trolled here by DA... - but yes, back to the OP..

Am of the opinion shaving in the outdoors isn't the greatest of ideas, you're dealing with an environment with sweat and dirt and deciding it'll be a great idea to shave and not assume you're going to get pore related issues.  There has to be a limit as to how much 'home' you can bring with you when you leave it and go into the outdoors - sure, sometimes I'd quite like my electric tooth brush with me and a warm shower, but sometimes you've got to deal with a different environment and then get back into the swing of it.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 16:28:49, 19/07/19 »
When I was a student I had the usual long hair and beard.  When I finally had to work for a living, I joined the RN so I had to have a haircut but the beard stayed.  After I transferred to the RAF, the beard had to go too and I could never carry off a full Biggles so the 'tache went too,  Mrs N approved of the new look but I no longer tickled her fancy.  When I retired I did offer to discontinue shaving but I was informed in no uncertain terms this was not an option.  :-\
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 19:15:18, 19/07/19 »
 :D   tonyk beat me to it  :D

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 19:56:26, 19/07/19 »
I have never liked going around stubbly, not even during my "on the road" days.
The picture below was taken a l-o-n-g time ago, when a group of us were squatting in an empty house on the foreshore at Fareham, Hampshire. I had found a mirror which I propped up on the beach to assist shaving, using the water of a freshwater stream that was running into the sea.

As with previous old photos I have posted on here, I feel safe that no-one will recognise me now!

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 21:02:49, 19/07/19 »
Geezer Fernman, at first glance I thought that photo was a bikerack.  ;D Off to specsavers.

Looked back at DA's post and realised it was posted on Wednesday. I think I mentioned quite a while ago that DA must pop into a bar after collecting his pension as a number of his sillier attempts at antagonistic posts occur on Wednesdays.
Too little, too late, too bad......

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 15:12:24, 21/07/19 »
Has anyone taken up the Harrys shaving offer? I keep seeing the adverts, there's one on the on-line home page of the Guardian today.

I get fed up with buying so many 'expensive' Gillette fusion blades, is Harrys a worthwhile offer?

Slogger

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 18:09:16, 21/07/19 »
No! I never shave during my multi day trips, I just let it grow. I do get somewhat of a shock when I do eventually look into a mirror after Ive reached my final destination and realise just what people Ive met have been seeing. However I think the bushwacked look suites me! ;D

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 19:32:25, 21/07/19 »
April, Mel, Sunny, FOB and co in action
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDe9msExUK8

Mrs R is very clear on how close I get to her if unshaven so I'm only stubbly when away from home either working or walking.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 21:51:01, 22/07/19 »

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 22:05:31, 22/07/19 »
Theres nothing antagonistic by my comments.
Its my own personal hygiene, and i do not feel ready for the day ahead, unless Ive brushed my teeth, shaved using an electric razor.

I dislike a razor, much preferring an electric razor, its been that way for well over forty years.

Its the impression i want to convey to total stranger,  here's a fella who takes pride in his appearance.

To me, appearing unshaved and possibly scruffy in appearance, that's not me im afraid.

Wear a beard, if that what you think suits you, but thankfully we are all different.

Every morning, i shower, brush my teeth, twice a day, and never go outside unshaven.

The only time it happened, was when Shearings coaches lost my baggage some time ago, on a trip to Tarbet in Scotland.

The entire week i felt very self conscious, and quite miserable.

It was not the right impression i wanted to convey to total strangers.

We are all different, and thanks for that.
« Last Edit: 11:13:48, 23/07/19 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 22:30:32, 22/07/19 »

;D

They don't make comedy like that anymore, brilliant; thanks Ridge  :)
Hate will never win

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 23:07:53, 22/07/19 »
;D

They don't make comedy like that anymore, brilliant;  :)
Same can be said for the last missive from our judgemental friend.  ::)
Too little, too late, too bad......

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 04:38:47, 28/07/19 »

:D  I’m struggling to sleep tonight Ridge & was feeling a bit fed up! That was great, thanks! O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy