Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276100 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #720 on: 23:06:03, 19/04/19 »
A walk on the coast path today with Mrs G.  Very warm and millions if not billions of flying ants and midgies.  In all my years I have never seen so may flying ants.  We were battered by them crossing one head land.  Thankfully they took time out about 4:30 pm.  Not sure why, but very happy to finish the last few miles without their company.

Hope they have finished their mad spree by Sunday.

taxino8

« Reply #721 on: 15:27:35, 20/04/19 »
I’ve just got home from an absolutely fantastic couple of days in Patterdale, the weather was glorious.
I went from Hartsop along Pasture Bottom, Threshwaite Mouth, Thornthwaite Crag, High Street, The Knott, Angle Tarn and ended up at Boredale Hause where I set up for the night.
This morning it was an easy stroll back down to the car in Hartsop.

I stopped off in Glenridding for a wash in the loos, (glad I took some change as it’s 30p), then I couldn’t resist going into Catsycam Outdoors where I bought stuff I didn’t really need.
A very memorable couple of days.
I have some photos but can’t work out how to put them on here.
I’m uploading a video to YouTube and might put a link up but be warned it’s not very professional and the sound is awful.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #722 on: 21:44:03, 22/04/19 »
I went a walk in Kent today, a linear from Tonbridge Castle to Tunbridge Wells, partly on the Wealdway.  An enjoyable trip, taking in a very pretty tree-bordered stretch of the River Medway and the beautiful hilly countryside of the High Weald.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #723 on: 21:49:14, 22/04/19 »
II have some photos but can’t work out how to put them on here.

Are you doing it from a PC or an Android phone or something else? I can make a video showing you how to do it from an Android phone.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #724 on: 13:28:08, 23/04/19 »
Well, work is as dead as a dead thing on a dead day, so I've just booked next week off. I booked a seat on City-Link using my bus pass to Aviemore and a return from Fort William a week later. Cost me £1 each way booking fee.

The weather for the weekend isn't looking too good but ha-ho I've got waterproofs.

The route is Aviemore to Ben Macdui, cross the Lairig Ghru and up Monadh Mor. From there across the moors to the Drumochter hills and Dalwhinnie.
Then Ben Alder and the hills south of Loch Ossian to Corrour. From there north to the village of Fersit followed by the Easain hills and the Grey Corries ridge all the way to Ben Nevis and finishing at Fort Bill. I'm going to start packing now.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #725 on: 13:40:21, 23/04/19 »
That sounds a cracking trip!

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #726 on: 15:34:01, 23/04/19 »
Have a great walk Owen. Your knees must be made of iron!

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #727 on: 17:57:00, 23/04/19 »
Have a great walk Owen. Your knees must be made of iron!

No mate their totally shot, I'm just hoping that the replacement ones are as good as they say.

taxino8

« Reply #728 on: 19:27:14, 23/04/19 »
Are you doing it from a PC or an Android phone or something else? I can make a video showing you how to do it from an Android phone.
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the offer but they are on my IPad.
Other Forums I’m on it seems easy but I haven’t delved into it on here much so I will have a look.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #729 on: 22:57:57, 23/04/19 »
Hi Rob,
Thanks for the offer but they are on my IPad.
Other Forums I’m on it seems easy but I haven’t delved into it on here much so I will have a look.

This quick description might help. Upload it to http://tinypic.com (there are other places you can put it but this works) . Select resize to 640 x 480 when you do. It should give you a direct link (called "Direct Link for Layouts") after you have, copy this and paste it as the "image location" asked for when you press the picture button on a message.

taxino8

« Reply #730 on: 03:11:30, 24/04/19 »
This quick description might help. Upload it to http://tinypic.com (there are other places you can put it but this works) . Select resize to 640 x 480 when you do. It should give you a direct link (called "Direct Link for Layouts") after you have, copy this and paste it as the "image location" asked for when you press the picture button on a message.
Thanks again Rob, it seems a bit of a faff on, my metal detecting and Land Rover Defender Forums just allow me to select a photo or photos on my IPad and upload them direct but I’ll have a look.
Cheers.

taxino8

« Reply #731 on: 03:18:04, 24/04/19 »
Just had a go now.
Taken on High Street looking towards Helvelyn and Patterdale.

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #732 on: 05:05:00, 24/04/19 »
Just had a go now.
Taken on High Street looking towards Helvelyn and Patterdale.

Worked great although I'm not familiar with the view.

The forum does images this way because it means our host doesn't have to pay for the bandwidth to display the images, tinypic or wherever you put them does (or at least, that's the most obvious reason for doing it) :) Small price to pay for a great resource.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #733 on: 11:25:34, 01/05/19 »
Spent the afternoon exploring dingles on the Long Mountain, as the result of Mrs BWW saying she wanted to see some bluebells, I thought it was too early, but of course, I got it wrong.

Discovered some exception stands of bluebells, in areas where we have been stunned by established beds of wood anemones and primroses.

Hopefully the bluebells will go on for some more weeks as there is a good variation of aspect in these dingles. We did have to wander off piste to find the best, but as the walk furniture had been trashed in preference of making the field margins stockproof I did not feel too guilty about this. I suppose someday when I get around to a replacement for photopot, I will do some TR's. The importance of these dingles is probably not recognised and the significance of some lostways there will remain unknown.

We spent so much time enjoying our surroundings that time became too limited to test the feeling of at a farm where a right of way terminates at the Welsh Border and in a tasty little dingle.

We then had a very good meal and refreshments at the Lowfield Arms, expressed our admiration for the professionalism of their hospitality, with the reservation that we had to climb a gate in order to start and finish our walk. That was apparently 'thorn in the side' of the pubs management as the property owner, S.J.Roberts Ltd, an expanding manufacturing company are blind to the connection of the between the access network and the hospitality trade. 

PS the bluebells seem early this year, but the trees seem late in coming to full leaf. Is the lack of full tree cover bringing the bluebells on with more sun falling on the normally shaded ground?

« Last Edit: 11:29:24, 01/05/19 by barewirewalker »
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #734 on: 17:40:35, 01/05/19 »
Bluebells are already out in Aberdeenshire. I have been seeing them on my drive to work for a week or two. It is not often that we get flowers out early up here.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy