Author Topic: Covid-19 shutdown  (Read 3631 times)

Skippy 2019

Re: Covid-19 shutdown
« Reply #30 on: 12:58:05, 18/03/20 »
I was just thinking that if this situation gets really bad we might have to experience a complete shutdown? When politicians start using soundbites to explain something, 'war' is the latest one Then I tend to get suspicious of the rabbit hole they may lead us into?

It's bad my wife is paranoid about it although out now for an official walk that has been "officially " cancelled! I wonder how many will turn up?

Polititions! Now that's a different story. Gift of the gab rings a bell.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 14:44:48, 18/03/20 »
Personally I find the whole subject area very interesting
So do I, especially as I often cater for walkers.
Opening business tonight, so be interesting to see how much money we loose.
I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

snaderson

« Reply #32 on: 14:51:06, 18/03/20 »
I know that Covid-19 is a serious issue that affects us all, and I am particularly worried about my mother, who is in her late 80's, but I am a bit disappointed that it has spilled over into the walking section of the forum.
Why disappointed Richard? I know it's inescapable and endless on the news and in conversations everywhere, but it does have an effect on our shared hobby.
In a desperate attempt to exculpate myself, I did ask a specific - and I think on-topic - question at the start of the thread.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 16:39:37, 18/03/20 »
Why disappointed Richard? I know it's inescapable and endless on the news and in conversations everywhere, but it does have an effect on our shared hobby.
In a desperate attempt to exculpate myself, I did ask a specific - and I think on-topic - question at the start of the thread.

Indeed you did, snaderson - but not unexpectedly, the thread has drifted.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Krotteotr

« Reply #34 on: 01:37:24, 23/03/20 »
I've no problem with a healthy dose of skepticism but who are the 'real people' you talk about and how informed and wide-ranging is there knowledge of pandemics.
I'll stick with the advice of the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Scientific Adviser. I'm not saying that they are infallible and, if you watch the news conferences, neither are they. If you can point me in the direction of more informed, impartial advice then I will be very interested to see it but if it is the blokes in your pub...

They were telling us of their plan to control the advance of this pandemic with a whole raft of measures which would each be gradually introduced at the right time to level out the "peak" over the course of the summer.  Hasn't gone very well so far.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 07:37:14, 23/03/20 »

They were telling us of their plan to control the advance of this pandemic with a whole raft of measures which would each be gradually introduced at the right time to level out the "peak" over the course of the summer.  Hasn't gone very well so far.
They have introduced a whole raft of measures, including financial ones that I never thought any Government would introduce, but some mindless idiots still do their best to counter them.  I didn't realise that we had reached the summer yet - frost here this morning - so I guess nobody knows how effective these measures are to level out the peak.

mountaingal

« Reply #36 on: 10:28:29, 24/03/20 »
moved to other thread
« Last Edit: 10:37:36, 24/03/20 by mountaingal »

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 13:10:40, 24/03/20 »
Cancelled my flights to Lapland and SAS are refunding the money, would sooner be going but it ain't going to happen. Also cancelled the hotel for first and last night, but hadn't paid anything for them yet.

The other trip I was planning, a cycle tour of the Western Isles didn't need any pre-booking so I just have to forget about it.

Going into hibernation now.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy