Author Topic: Anglesey  (Read 17356 times)

ljmeerkat75

• Veteran Member
Re: Anglesey
« Reply #15 on: 12:45:49, 29/07/15 »
There are some Anglesey routes here: http://my.viewranger.com/route/curations/449

They include some on the south coast - Beaumaris and others.
Some great walks there done quite a few of them myself love a bit of history on a walk

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:55:03, 29/07/15 »
Some great walks there done quite a few of them myself love a bit of history on a walk
Cheers!
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 08:14:34, 12/09/15 »
Well, after what seems like eeeendless waiting, the day has arrived at last! :D

I'm all packed, walking gear ready and my camera's fully charged.  Shame the weather's looking a bit iffy for the next few days, but I'll take what comes.

I'm leaving around 9am and am just a little bit excited  8) ... as I've never been to Anglesey before.

Have a good week folks O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Phileas

« Reply #18 on: 11:00:32, 12/09/15 »
Have a nice time time. I intend to do this one in the not too distant future.
Robin

snakehips

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 12:51:19, 12/09/15 »
You'll enjoy Anglesey it's beautiful hope the weather is good for you
they say that 50 is the new 21 (fingers crossed)

werringtonwalker

« Reply #20 on: 19:31:12, 12/09/15 »
Have a great time - enjoy yourself.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on.
In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks - John Muir

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 09:06:53, 20/09/15 »
Well, what can I say?.......Absolutely loved it, stunning coastline, fantastic weather (mostly) and planning to go back again in the Spring next year, if not before! 8)

I took too many photos, as usual...so it's going to take me ages to sort through them  :D

Stayed in Cemaes....what a gem of a place.  Perfect base for exploring the island, everything you need within a five minute walk, friendly locals, gorgeous little harbour, small but lovely beach, excellent pub food at a place called 'The Harbour', top class fish & chip shop (had those twice).....just fab O0

Bit sad to leave yesterday afternoon....but I'm already planning my next visit! :)

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 10:09:59, 20/09/15 »
Hurry up with the photos Tracey!

I'm dying to see them as I recently spent a Sunday on Anglesey and couldn't understand why I hadn't been there for so long seeing as it's little more than an hour from here.
I drove to Moelfre, a charming little harbour, and worked back along the coast calling at Benllech, Red Warf Bay and then to Penmon lighthouse where I took loads of photos. I'd certainly recommend the tea shop at Penmon Point.

werringtonwalker

« Reply #23 on: 12:06:34, 20/09/15 »
Glad you enjoyed yourself and I'm also looking forward to the photos.

Will hopefully be on the island myself on Friday - not quite sure where yet but will decide based on weather conditions nearer the time.

Did you get out to Llanbadrig while you were there - a beautiful spot whether you have any religious belief or not.

Llanbadrig Church 7 by Nick Lee, on Flickr

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 22:28:31, 23/09/15 »
I drove to Moelfre, a charming little harbour
Ahhhh.... I remember a holiday at a cottage in Moelfre.
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 09:34:32, 24/09/15 »

Did you get out to Llanbadrig while you were there - a beautiful spot whether you have any religious belief or not.

Yes Nick, I did.  I'm not at all 'religious'....but I spent some time walking around the headstones reading the inscriptions - very sad that so many were quite young.  I also visited the 'Church in the sea'.  I thought it was really lovely and enjoyed the walk along the coast to get there....apart from being able to hear the noise from bikes at the race track! ::)

Been very busy since I got home and haven't yet had much time to sort/post photos.  Wont be long! lol

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 08:51:59, 30/09/15 »
OK, finally got round to sorting my photos....but be warned, I took lots!  Couldn't decide which to post so am gonna cheat and post a link to my FB page for anyone interested in having a peak.... :D

https://www.facebook.com/tracey.wright.1675/media_set?set=a.1064960223522731.1073741871.100000262904616&type=3

Fantastic week and soooo looking forward to going back and exploring some more  O0

werringtonwalker

« Reply #27 on: 18:34:40, 30/09/15 »
Glad you had such a good time.  Have jut finished the long haul through your photos on Facebook.  ;)

Some lovely pictures that bring back memories of the coastal path.  Next time you go, Newborough Beach and Llanddwyn Island are highly recommended, as is Penmon Point.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 09:00:38, 01/10/15 »
Glad you had such a good time.  Have jut finished the long haul through your photos on Facebook.  ;)

Some lovely pictures that bring back memories of the coastal path.  Next time you go, Newborough Beach and Llanddwyn Island are highly recommended, as is Penmon Point.

Thanks Nick. :)   Sorry there were so many photos....but it was just too nice and I got carried away! :D   That wasn't even all of them! lol

I've got a long list of places to visit next time....and it's growing fast!

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 09:10:41, 15/04/16 »
Well, after what seems like eeeendless waiting, the day has arrived at last! :D

I'm all packed, walking gear ready and my camera's fully charged...........

Have a good week folks O0

Just popped in to say a quick goodbye before my second trip to Anglesey  O0   Got a list of new places to go, new areas to walk and I'm sooooo looking forward to staying in Cemaes again. Best be off and get the car loaded up!!

Take care all,

Tracey :D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy