Author Topic: Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge Route  (Read 226 times)

High Way Chris

Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge Route
« on: 18:05:24, 09/01/18 »
Is anyone is planning to walk the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge Route between now and Easter?
We are trialling a new route guide and looking for walkers to test the map. If you would like a free copy please email me your name and address. There's limited numbers so 1st come 1st served.
My contact details are on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SkywarePress/

Hillhiker1

Re: Yorkshire Three Peaks Challenge Route
« Reply #1 on: 22:08:44, 10/01/18 »

Hi Chris,
I'm going to do it in June, but I don't need the route map as I've done it many times before. If you like though I feel I'm familiar enough with the route to provide you some critique and comment if that's what you're after...

I don't do Facebook so I won't be visiting your page. 8)

High Way Chris

« Reply #2 on: 08:15:23, 14/01/18 »
Thank you Hillhiker1. The map is in the post.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:29:28, 15/01/18 »
Interesting.
I live in the area and know every bit of the route. Always surprises me how many I meet walking this that don't actually have a clue.
I get asked for directions all the time. "Is it much further?" Usually asked on the Whernside ascent.
I tend to look at their kit (or  lack of) and genuinely worry.

Good luck with your endeavors  :)

Just occurred to me you need to get these into the cafe at Horton. I'm not sure what competition you might have. But that is the first part they struggle with. Which way to go in Horton?
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

High Way Chris

« Reply #4 on: 14:35:19, 16/01/18 »
Thanks Peter. The idea came about because of the increasing number of call outs CRO were getting from ill prepared 3 peakers.