Author Topic: Photos from a recent trip to Snowdonia  (Read 5200 times)

redeye

• Veteran Member
Re: Photos from a recent trip to Snowdonia
« Reply #15 on: 23:08:18, 26/07/18 »
Great photos of a great place, nice one  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:44:17, 27/07/18 »
I have a list of people I'm going to contact to try and help gain some exposure. Plus my wife (works for the government) is going to look at something that could be done politically too. She's smarter than me!

Brilliant. If your wife has any influence with the MOD could they possibly start flying jets low over Thornthwaite?  ;) Theresa May is a hiker and I don't think she would be very impressed with these proposals for the Lake District. She is a bit busy with other things at the moment mind.

And god no, I've never taken a proper photo in my life, I don't even know how to use a camera. I'm a designer so I guess I have a bit of an eye.

You certainly do have a good eye for a photo  :)
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 08:56:43, 27/07/18 »
Those pictures are fantastic - love every one of them.  I'm going to get my old iphone out, smash it and then be able to take pics like that!  

Petrolhead

« Reply #18 on: 11:42:20, 27/07/18 »
Great photos of a great place, nice one  O0

Thanks so much mate. Appreciated. Still hugely jealous of your Snowdon sunset. Showed your blog about it to my wife last night. We agreed... one day...

Maybe a little beyond us right now but we'll get there.

Petrolhead

« Reply #19 on: 11:44:09, 27/07/18 »
Brilliant. If your wife has any influence with the MOD could they possibly start flying jets low over Thornthwaite?  ;) Theresa May is a hiker and I don't think she would be very impressed with these proposals for the Lake District. She is a bit busy with other things at the moment mind.

You certainly do have a good eye for a photo  :)

Thanks again April.

Regarding the Lake District proposals, my wife had a good look through everything last night. She made some interesting observations. I'll post on the main thread.  O0

Petrolhead

« Reply #20 on: 11:45:50, 27/07/18 »
Those pictures are fantastic - love every one of them.  I'm going to get my old iphone out, smash it and then be able to take pics like that!

Really appreciated mate. I do love Wales so much.

As for your old iPhone, in my honest opinion, the best thing to do is smash it, set it on fire and forget you ever had it. Apple have gone to poo since Jobs passed. The company is in the hands of the shareholders now and all they care about is getting as much of our money as possible!

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 12:27:30, 27/07/18 »
Regarding the Lake District proposals, my wife had a good look through everything last night. She made some interesting observations. I'll post on the main thread.  O0

Good idea; someone keeps on hijacking this thread  :D
Hate will never win

Petrolhead

« Reply #22 on: 13:46:18, 27/07/18 »
Good idea; someone keeps on hijacking this thread  :D

I'm not one to get up in arms about having conversations with like minded people on subjects of a shared passion April. I'm here for the banter, that's all!

:)

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 17:49:59, 27/07/18 »

Thanks so much mate. Appreciated. Still hugely jealous of your Snowdon sunset. Showed your blog about it to my wife last night. We agreed... one day...

Maybe a little beyond us right now but we'll get there.
Get out there while the weather is good. I'm hoping for another go in the next month. Thanks for the kind blog comments  O0

Petrolhead

« Reply #24 on: 19:32:09, 27/07/18 »
Get out there while the weather is good. I'm hoping for another go in the next month. Thanks for the kind blog comments  O0

Would absolutely love to but it's a 4.5hr trip from here and that's if I go the short route. I like to drive so I take the scenic route...

Normally I'd be straight over there when the weather is like this but we're heading out to California in just under a month so funds are diverted there at the moment. Well, I say that but looking at the fire situation over there, I'm starting to worry we might need a rethink...

:( 

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 10:52:41, 29/07/18 »
Fantastic photos. You definitely have a good eye for a photo.

If you fancy getting a "proper" camera without having to carry anything too heavy I'd recommend one of the mirrorless cameras with a "pancake" lens. I've got a Sony A6000 but I've heard good things about the Canon M100 with the 22mm lens. It will have a similar field of view to the iPhone but the quality, especially in more difficult light conditions, will be much better.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 10:55:02, 29/07/18 »
Wow which memory card are you using to take such clear photographs.

No memory card slot in an iPhone and in any camera or phone, the memory card has no effect whatsoever on the quality or clarity of the photos.

Petrolhead

« Reply #27 on: 19:12:02, 31/07/18 »
Fantastic photos. You definitely have a good eye for a photo.

If you fancy getting a "proper" camera without having to carry anything too heavy I'd recommend one of the mirrorless cameras with a "pancake" lens. I've got a Sony A6000 but I've heard good things about the Canon M100 with the 22mm lens. It will have a similar field of view to the iPhone but the quality, especially in more difficult light conditions, will be much better.

Thanks a lot Claire, much appreciated.

I've actually just bought a proper(ish) camera, a Sony NEX-6 with a nice long lens. My friend was selling it for £250, a price I couldn't resist. Complete with a proper camera bag, three memory cards, a 1tb hard drive and a few other bits.

Thought it would be silly not to.

Although now I have to learn how to use the thing. Absolute novice! I'll get there.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 08:32:05, 01/08/18 »

Thanks a lot Claire, much appreciated.

I've actually just bought a proper(ish) camera, a Sony NEX-6 with a nice long lens. My friend was selling it for £250, a price I couldn't resist. Complete with a proper camera bag, three memory cards, a 1tb hard drive and a few other bits.

Thought it would be silly not to.

Although now I have to learn how to use the thing. Absolute novice! I'll get there.

That's the predecessor of my A6000, sounds like you got a great deal.

Petrolhead

« Reply #29 on: 12:10:40, 01/08/18 »

That's the predecessor of my A6000, sounds like you got a great deal.

Well that's good to know!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy