Author Topic: Please help finding this walker  (Read 6121 times)

paullevy

Please help finding this walker
« on: 17:33:21, 20/11/07 »
Hi all, I wonder if you would be so kind  as to take a minute to read this and spread the word? My cousin Michael has been missing from Overstone, Northampton since 2 November 2007. His current whereabouts are unknown, although one of his favourite places in the world is the West Highland Way and surrounding area and we (the family) think there is a really good chance he is in this locality.

When Michael was last seen he was wearing a blue jacket, jogging trousers and a pair of green and light brown trainers. He is 6ft 1in tall, of slim build with medium length brown hair and a chestnut coloured full beard. When he left home "for a short walk" he was not himself and since he took no supplies or other resources there is real concern for his welfare and wellbeing.

Michael's family would be really pleased to hear any news or possible sightings. There is a listing for Michael on http://www.missingpeople.org.uk/areyoumissing/missing/detail.asp?dsid=863 [nofollow] along with contact details and helpline numbers. Any help would be really appreciated.

This is a recent picture of Michael

Many thanks for your consideration.
Paul Levy

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: Please help finding this walker
« Reply #1 on: 18:10:50, 20/11/07 »
So Sorry Michael is missing and he's been missing since 2nd November.., I'm assuming he hasn't been found yet as you have only just posted your message on here for people to read..,I'm sorry i cant be any help to you BUT theres lots of people on this forum who walk that particular place you said Michael loves to walk and i will ask other folk on other walking forums that i log onto if they've seen a man fitting Michaels descriptrion..,and i do hope it turns out ok, please keep me informed IF you can.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

paullevy

« Reply #2 on: 18:27:25, 20/11/07 »
Thanks for your thoughts Darksky, indeed Michael has not been found yet. As well as the West Highland Way he also loves the Southern Upland Way area, not an area I am familiar with myself, but you never know some members might be better travelled. Many thanks!
Paul

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:02:16, 21/11/07 »
So sorry to hear about one of your family missing, if there is anything i can do, just ask.

If anyone is planning on going up to Scotland, either WHW or SUW, then i dont mind going along to help.

Hope he is found soon and well.  Please keep us informed...
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

paullevy

« Reply #4 on: 23:26:04, 21/11/07 »
Hi Summitzero,

Thank you so much for your kind offer of help. The key thing here, I think, is local knowledge. From everything we know about Michael he might be seeking solitude at the moment, although in actual fact our best judgement is that he needs
support. I will see what further insights and detail I can get into his previous movements in this area and get back to you.

Maybe there is a way of distributing posters along the route at strategic places to catch those walkers and others who don't venture into web forums, any suggestions where we could put these based on local knowledge? We will keep pressing on and any suggestions in the meantime are most welcome.

Many thanks

Paul

P.S. While I have been writing this I have had further information on Michael's "most" favourite places. There is a route from Kinlochewe to Ullapool he really likes, taking in Loch Maree, Lock Ewe and Loch Broom. Sorry if it all appears a little unclear, but the more information we get the more we can refine efforts. Thanks again.

Googlemaps Linkhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=12704667180102382680,57.838180,-5.576040&time=&date=&ttype=&saddr=kinlochewe&daddr=A832+%4057.838180,+-5.576040+to:57.755472,-5.038605+to:ullapool&mra=dpe&mrcr=0&mrsp=2&sz=10&via=1,2&sll=57.736305,-4.98357&sspn=0.41346,1.496887&ie=UTF8&z=10&om=1 [nofollow]
« Last Edit: 23:29:23, 21/11/07 by paullevy »

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:37:31, 23/11/07 »
So sorry to hear about one of your family missing, if there is anything i can do, just ask.

If anyone is planning on going up to Scotland, either WHW or SUW, then i dont mind going along to help.

Hope he is found soon and well.  Please keep us informed...
That goes for me too, i would gladly help search with others if it comes to that..,distrubuting posters or sticking posters to walls,lamp posts etc,etc. WHAT HAVE THE POLICE SAID? local and scottish? Anyway Paul ive posted the missing man message on other forums so you never know eh.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:08:36, 23/11/07 »
paullevy can i ask what police station youve been intouch with and what exactly have they said..,

paullevy

« Reply #7 on: 21:38:23, 24/11/07 »
Hi Darksky, thanks for your very kind offer. I will see if I can get accurate information about the local police. Still no news here. Thanks for spreading the word on other forums also. Cheers Paul

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 22:25:43, 06/12/07 »
 :( Sorry to read about your cousin Paul and I hope you hear some good news soon.

I am sure everyone that could help on here will do what they can...have you posted a similar notice on the Ramblers forum? They have over 6,000 members so maybe there is a greater chance of someone knowing something.

http://www.ramblers.co.uk/forum/index.php

Another forum... http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/Forum/

Good luck and my thoughts are with you and your family.
« Last Edit: 22:29:17, 06/12/07 by walking-books »
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:59:24, 08/12/07 »
Is there any update info ?

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:09:19, 11/12/07 »
whats happening ?

paullevy

« Reply #11 on: 10:40:40, 20/12/07 »
Hi Guys,

Update for you, Michael was found yesterday in Thurso. He was worse for wear having been living outdoors for some time, so the concerns were very much founded.

The family are all so happy that he has been found and would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, help with spreading the word and offers of practical help. The guys on this forum are great!

Thanks again!

Paul

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 11:02:29, 20/12/07 »
Hi Guys,

Update for you, Michael was found yesterday in Thurso. He was worse for wear having been living outdoors for some time, so the concerns were very much founded.

The family are all so happy that he has been found and would like to thank everyone for their kind thoughts, help with spreading the word and offers of practical help. The guys on this forum are great!

Thanks again!

Paul

Hey Paul that's GREAT news!

What a Xmas present for you all.

Hope he's OK and he remains safe in the future.

Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:25:46, 20/12/07 »
Fantastic news paullevy.., it will be a christmas to remember now eh? when you get more time maybe let us know abit more of where and what he got upto eh? anyway im so happy for you and rest of family. HAPPY CHRISTMAS and have an even HAPPIER NEW YEAR.

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 11:05:54, 21/12/07 »
Thats great news, i wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy