Author Topic: Pennine way accommodation in Cowling  (Read 2681 times)

The Squirrel

Pennine way accommodation in Cowling
« on: 14:47:24, 24/03/19 »
For those using guide books that are clearly out of date there are NO b&b's left in cowling but to the rescue we have a campsite that also has a bunk house and lodges as well as camping and pods, onsite bar and only 150m off the way. Also close to shops and pub etc. Generally all search engines find it if you put camping in Cowling or accommodation its listed on all the major sites but can be contacted through the website squirrel wood campsite cowling. Hope this helps those people who need somewhere in Cowling.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine way accommodation in Cowling
« Reply #1 on: 16:11:37, 24/03/19 »
There is still camping in Lothersdale, at least there was in 2017  O0
Where there's a will ...

mow1701

« Reply #2 on: 18:57:29, 24/03/19 »
Lothersdale camping  still there as of August 2018. At that time pub had been refurbished and not doing food. Plans were afoot to do food but I would check.

The Squirrel

« Reply #3 on: 19:22:18, 24/03/19 »
No there is NOT, you can camp in someones garden, no toilet, nothing at all not even drinking water, but they let you camp so 100% true, you can look at Craven district councils list of campsites and there has not been one in Lothersdale since 2014

The Squirrel

« Reply #4 on: 19:23:31, 24/03/19 »
NO wrong, 100% there is a house that lets you camp in the garden not registered, not legal NOT a campsite, NO TOILET nothing, you my friend are 100% WRONG!!!

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:35:25, 24/03/19 »
When I last walked the Pennine way (a couple of years back) I went in the Lothersdale pub and asked where I could camp. I came out of the pub, turned left, turned left again though a firms yard and camped on the lawn of a bungalow (nice grass) and they had a toilet and shower in a smallish room tacked on to the side of the property. I thought it was very nice. Is this the one?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:37:49, 24/03/19 »
A couple of years before that I came north on the Pennine Way, got to Cowlin, turned right at the road and on my left there was a house with a large grassy area. I camped there, not sure if it still operates or not?

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 19:48:48, 24/03/19 »
No need to shout at us The Squirrel, we get the message that we can stay with you.

For anyone wanting somewhere else there are some places on Air BnB, mainly further east than the PW.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 20:05:02, 24/03/19 »
Yes, the squirrel seems only interested in promoting his site.  The one I used in Lothersdale had water, toilet and shower and is listed by the National Trails in their list of accommodation for the PW.
Where there's a will ...

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 20:06:39, 24/03/19 »
When I last walked the Pennine way (a couple of years back) I went in the Lothersdale pub and asked where I could camp. I came out of the pub, turned left, turned left again though a firms yard and camped on the lawn of a bungalow (nice grass) and they had a toilet and shower in a smallish room tacked on to the side of the property. I thought it was very nice. Is this the one?

Sounds like the one I used  O0
Where there's a will ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 20:23:53, 24/03/19 »

mow1701

« Reply #11 on: 21:51:40, 24/03/19 »
Regards Lothersdale. It is the bungalow and I’ve used it two on two trips.  It is a garden, it does have a shower, you can get water and they were great when it came to my not being able to eat at the pub. They cooked me for a  price a reasonable meal.  

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 11:25:52, 25/03/19 »
Thanks for the pub photo, had a very nice evening and meal in there.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy