Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276709 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #810 on: 12:15:03, 19/08/19 »
On this coming Monday I am heading up to the North York Moors for my annual fix of purple heathery loveliness  :)

This is now deferred until tomorrow  :-\   which pretty much sums up my year so far where making walking plans are concerned!

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #811 on: 17:03:20, 19/08/19 »
Oh sorry to hear that.

Hope all is well with you.

I did a 4 miler yesterday from Whitby to Ruswarp then over the river and back via the Abbey.
To day I set off and walked to Grosmont and back. Lovely walk through the Esk Valley. Really enjoyed it. Feet very achy by the end of it around 15 miles. Relaxing now with feet in radox.

Tomorrow planning on getting bus to Grosmont and walking the section of the C2C to the coast then heading back up to Whitby on the Cleveland way. Or bailing out in Hawsker and taking cinder track back to Whitby.

Too little, too late, too bad......

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #812 on: 18:42:50, 19/08/19 »

This is now deferred until tomorrow  :-\   which pretty much sums up my year so far where making walking plans are concerned!

Maybe the rest of the year will behave itself.

You still get to do it so there's a bright side, you just get to enjoy it on a different day  :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #813 on: 19:06:23, 19/08/19 »
I hope you're right Rob.  I have generally named 2019 as "The Year Where Nothing Goes Quite To Plan" though  ;D

Oh sorry to hear that.

Hope all is well with you.

I did a 4 miler yesterday from Whitby to Ruswarp then over the river and back via the Abbey.
To day I set off and walked to Grosmont and back. Lovely walk through the Esk Valley. Really enjoyed it. Feet very achy by the end of it around 15 miles. Relaxing now with feet in radox.

Tomorrow planning on getting bus to Grosmont and walking the section of the C2C to the coast then heading back up to Whitby on the Cleveland way. Or bailing out in Hawsker and taking cinder track back to Whitby.

I'm fine jimbob (albeit recovering from a horrible summer cold/cough).  I just forgot I was on hospital taxi duties for a family member.

Is the heather lovely and purplified or have the tweetle beetles eaten it all?

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #814 on: 19:17:43, 19/08/19 »

Is the heather lovely and purplified or have the tweetle beetles eaten it all?
The Heather was noticeably purple on our way over the Moor to Whitby.

None that I noticed in the Esk Valley.

Having said that I took a landscape photo and only when looking back at it did I notice a Heron that must have been just a couple of yards away from me. Observant me, mmm not very.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #815 on: 19:50:10, 19/08/19 »
Oooh, fab   O0

You've picked a smashing time of year to do the inland bits of the Cleveland Way.  If the sun's out, you're seeing the area at its very best - enjoy :)

My planned walk's a bit further south than Grosmont - near the Hole of Horcum - a nice 6ish miler of woodland, babbling brook, heathery purplieness, some standing stones and a little hill.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #816 on: 00:15:29, 20/08/19 »
Oooh, fab  O0

You've picked a smashing time of year to do the inland bits of the Cleveland Way.  If the sun's out, you're seeing the area at its very best - enjoy :)

My planned walk's a bit further south than Grosmont - near the Hole of Horcum - a nice 6ish miler of woodland, babbling brook, heathery purplieness, some standing stones and a little hill.
Sounds just about perfect Mel.  O0

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #817 on: 15:33:30, 20/08/19 »
I’m leading two walks this week - Derwent Edge & surrounding area tomorrow, then Kinder Scout via Grindsbrook Clough on Thursday. Got other walks in the Hope Valley area on Friday/Saturday. Fingers crossed for the weather! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #818 on: 19:38:16, 20/08/19 »
I went a walk from Arundel today, going up on to the South Downs to Wepham Down and taking in a stretch of the river Arun.  A beautiful walk, with rolling hills and fabulous views over the Arun valley.  Most of the walk was in solitude, which was bliss    :)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #819 on: 19:54:57, 21/08/19 »
Today was my first walk with Penrith Ramblers. Started with a higher graded group than I intended due to that walk being cancelled. If anything I found it a little easy! Might try the group above. Walked from the Blencathra Centre along the base of Blease Fell, across Glenderaterra Beck, across the base of Lonscale Fell and the base of Latrigg then back to the Blencathra Centre. I screwed up my ViewRanger track but someone else took one and it was just over 10 km and 400 odd metres of ascent.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #820 on: 22:37:57, 21/08/19 »
Enjoyed a jog out on Bodmin moor this evening after work. 4 miles 850 ft of assent. Comfortably under an hour. Very happy with that.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #821 on: 20:12:33, 22/08/19 »
I went a walk from Chichester today, taking in one of the beautiful creeks of Chichester Harbour and then the Chichester Canal.  There were swans and masses of wild flowers and lots of boats.  Fine and sunny    :)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #822 on: 20:25:33, 22/08/19 »
Dovegirl makes me realise just how much I missed out on exploring down south by sticking to the same areas, you do get about a bit down there Dovegirl. I wish I'd roamed more widely.

BuzyG makes me feel even fatter ;D Tried a bit of jogging myself recently but don't like the impact, will revisit it when I'm lighter. Maybe one day I too will be on here saying I smashed it on the jog, but probably not.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #823 on: 20:37:07, 22/08/19 »
Easy day today. Smashing walk along the sand from Whitby to Sandsend. A nice cuppa in the Witsend walled garden cafe with little birds harassing folk for crumbs. Then a nice sandy walk back to Whitby. Thoroughly enjoyable way to do my daily 4 miles.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #824 on: 21:20:25, 22/08/19 »
Dovegirl makes me realise just how much I missed out on exploring down south by sticking to the same areas, you do get about a bit down there Dovegirl. I wish I'd roamed more widely.

I like walking in a variety of landscapes and getting off the beaten track    :)    I think it's nice having a mix of walks that are new or that I only do occasionally and ones I do more often.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy