Author Topic: BARGAIN THREAD  (Read 258685 times)

robrymond

Re: BARGAIN THREAD
« Reply #210 on: 13:07:54, 25/01/17 »
You can get OS Explorer and Landranger maps for £4.32 at the moment on Millets using the 20% code:  FINAL20.

Cheapest you will get now since they bumped the price up but includes the digital version too.

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
« Reply #211 on: 16:04:35, 26/01/17 »
Thanks Rob, great spot  O0
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Where there's a will ...

MarkA

« Reply #213 on: 20:03:12, 01/02/17 »
20% off Viewranger maps using code bmc2017, so it worked out at £20 instead of £25 for the 1:25,000 Lake District National Park explorer map.

It seems that the BMC have doing the codes since 2012 so if you're buying next year, put bmc2018 as your code.
╭∩╮(-_-)╭∩╮

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #214 on: 21:25:01, 04/02/17 »
Paramo Men's Alta III Waterproof Jacket in Black Only @ £149.99!!!  :o

This is a massive bargain at almost £100 cheaper than the £240 - £250 everywhere else I've seen it advertised!

https://www.sportpursuit.com/catalog/product/view/id/978310

Various sizes available to order with an estimated dispatch date of 22/02/2017 - 24/02/2017. This deal closes in just over 8 days time.

NB SportsPursuit is a members only website which requires you to register & join.

If you do intend to join & buy please could you do it through this personal invite link as I then get a credit https://www.sportpursuit.com/join/kinkyboots

Plenty of other Paramo gear available in this sale https://www.sportpursuit.com/sales/paramo-feb17

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #215 on: 21:41:15, 04/02/17 »
sorry...can't view any of the products due to a big advert covering most of the screen, and I see no way of getting rid of it without joining. I'm not giving details and joining a website just to browse their products  >:(
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #216 on: 08:19:16, 05/02/17 »
sorry...can't view any of the products due to a big advert covering most of the screen, and I see no way of getting rid of it without joining. I'm not giving details and joining a website just to browse their products  >:(

No need to have a thrombie! It's your choice but as I explained it's a members only club and you've got to register to join to have access to the available deals - it's not black magic or voodoo and they're not trying to steal your identity. The only possible downside is the sales emails and you have the option to either reduce their frequency or totally unsubscribe from them at any time and still remain a member.

A few quotes copied from their FAQ's

About SportPursuit

What is SportPursuit?

SportPursuit is a leading private shopping community for sports men and women. We negotiate amazing offers on the best sports products and services from the world's leading sports brands and present them to our members in week long online 'pop-up' shops. Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall, giving our brands the confidence to provide exclusive offers to our members whilst protecting their brands and their full price retailers from continual discounting. To find out more about how SportPursuit works just click here.

Why should I become a member?

Becoming a member of SportPursuit is absolutely free and as a member of SportPursuit, you will have exclusive access to our flash sales offering discounts of up to 70%.

How It Works

Which brands do you work with? We work with a wide range of top sports brands to offer flash sales to our members.

Why can’t I find a specific brand I am looking for on SportPursuit today?

The brands we sell change every week, so if you see something that takes your fancy, grab it now; it may not be here when you come back!

Which brands are coming up on SportPursuit in the next few weeks?

The best way to keep up to speed with what new sales are starting on SportPursuit is to keep an eye on our sales email newsletters, Facebook page and Twitter feed, or you can download our iPhone App.

Why is the range from each brand limited?

Our experienced team of buyers work closely with our brand partners to hand pick a concise range of products to showcase the brand to our members in our 'flash' sales. This makes each flash sale easier and faster to shop, so you can spend more time doing sport than you have to spend shopping for sport.

How can you sell products at such good prices?

Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall giving our brand partners the confidence to create exclusive offers for our members whilst protecting their brands and their full price retailers from continual discounting.

To help us hit the best prices, we make the process simple for our suppliers by ordering in bulk at the end of each sale.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #217 on: 08:22:10, 05/02/17 »
I'm with bricam. They can do one.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #218 on: 10:07:51, 05/02/17 »
No need to have a thrombie! It's your choice but as I explained it's a members only club and you've got to register to join to have access to the available deals - it's not black magic or voodoo and they're not trying to steal your identity. The only possible downside is the sales emails....

Err, I'm not having a "thrombie"....whatever that is. Simply saying that no way am I giving any website my details "just" for the priveledge of being able to browse their products and then get spammed. Maybe if people could browse their products, they would join and order  O0

Unusual way to run a business...not letting people look at their products.

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #219 on: 10:20:36, 05/02/17 »
Our deals are only available to our members behind our sign in wall, giving our brands the confidence to provide exclusive offers to our members whilst protecting their brands and their full price retailers from continual discounting.

I think that one sentence explains why you need to become a member to see what's available. It also shows what a huge markup/profit margin there is on some of this outdoor gear and there is obviously plenty of room for manoevre left for SportPursuit to still be making a profit.

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #220 on: 10:27:20, 05/02/17 »
I think that one sentence explains why you need to become a member to see what's available. It also shows what a huge markup/profit margin there is on some of this outdoor gear and there is obviously plenty of room for manoevre left for SportPursuit to still be making a profit.
Why do they run loads of adverts on Facebook etc. telling non-members exactly what their prices are?

It's a marketing ploy to make you feel special - an exclusive club. That Achicha (spelling?) lot try the same nonsense.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #221 on: 10:42:03, 05/02/17 »
Why do they run loads of adverts on Facebook etc. telling non-members exactly what their prices are?

It's a marketing ploy to make you feel special - an exclusive club. That Achicha (spelling?) lot try the same nonsense.

Haven't got a clue re Facebook etc as I don't use any of the social media sites. The fact remains that you can't get anywhere near, match or beat the £149.99 price on that jacket anywhere else at the moment and if you don't want one then that's fine.

I simply posted a bargain for other forum members to take advantage of if they wished. I did not post it to have an argument or to have to explain why it is what it is!

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #222 on: 10:51:04, 05/02/17 »
Haven't got a clue re Facebook etc as I don't use any of the social media sites. The fact remains that you can't get anywhere near, match or beat the £149.99 price on that jacket anywhere else at the moment and if you don't want one then that's fine.

I simply posted a bargain for other forum members to take advantage of if they wished. I did not post it to have an argument or to have to explain why it is what it is!

And this is appreciated  O0 Just pointing out that it's a strange way of running a business.

If you walked down the High Street and went to walk into a shop and someone said you can't come in to have a look until you sign up and give them your details, you probably would ignore the shop and go elsewhere.

No one's having a go or wanting an argument...the prices might be great but I think most people would like to see their products before joining and giving their details to a website most won't have heard off.

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #223 on: 11:13:46, 05/02/17 »
Yes, not arguing here either. Just don't like their business model so won't be becoming a customer of theirs.

dinger

« Reply #224 on: 11:32:19, 05/02/17 »
Ive purchased off sports pursuit before, don't get me wrong the sell lots of stuff but the jacket I ordered came 2 weeks later which was very late if you ask me.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy