Author Topic: BARGAIN THREAD  (Read 256635 times)

Norfolk-Matt

Re: BARGAIN THREAD
« Reply #360 on: 18:20:48, 21/09/17 »
I'm not sure if anyone has used Sport Pursuit before?

They have a big sale on Paramo at the moment and items are really cheap?

Never used them personally so can't comment. Someone on a Facebook group I'm part of shared it.

jethro10

« Reply #361 on: 09:32:12, 22/09/17 »
Uttings have a special offer on some Merrell Moab models in larger sizes for those with huge hobbit feet  ;)

http://www.uttings.co.uk/c466-footwear/brand=merrell/size=15.0/size=12.5/size=14.0/size=13.0/specialoffers=true/

Merrell Amazing Offer on Larger Sizes - Moab GTX, Moab Mid GTX and Moab Vent height=250 [/color]

These are great, the most comfy shoe. I do city holidays, and I wear these all day every day and walk for miles. I cry when the soles start to wear out :-(
Last time I paid £85 for the £46 ones here.
J

jethro10

« Reply #362 on: 09:34:03, 22/09/17 »

Never used them personally so can't comment. Someone on a Facebook group I'm part of shared it.
I've used them, they seem reliable and safe enough. It's a strange company though, they "gather" orders up over time, and then order themselves in bulk, so it may be a while if you're at the beginning of a cycle.
J

Moon Raker

« Reply #363 on: 15:29:05, 22/09/17 »

I wish this had not been posted, just seen a jacket which I have recently purchased over £70 cheaper

Being a new comer to this outdoor pursuits lark. I must say I find the whole clothing and equipment purchase a bit of a minefield with constant and flash sales, price match ect you spend a lot of time looking for value, i.e. same item at the lowest price,

I have already made some poor purchases in either there is something better cheaper or not knowing what to get

Moon Raker

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #364 on: 17:21:04, 22/09/17 »
Hi Moonraker

This forum is packed with great advice. Using the "custom search" area at the top right hand side (almost) you can trawl years of advice on all subjects.

Now at first sight it may appear that some advice is contradictory, but thinking about it we are all different creatures , some hot , some cold, some tall, some small, our needs may be different to our mates. so, all in all, the advice gives you some idea as to where to pitch your requirements, especially on things that may not have occurred to you.

Its a great forum, full of characters and more important knowledge through experience. That search bar is my starting point for all my new requirements.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Liz S

« Reply #365 on: 19:15:48, 22/09/17 »

I wish this had not been posted, just seen a jacket which I have recently purchased over £70 cheaper

Being a new comer to this outdoor pursuits lark. I must say I find the whole clothing and equipment purchase a bit of a minefield with constant and flash sales, price match ect you spend a lot of time looking for value, i.e. same item at the lowest price,

I have already made some poor purchases in either there is something better cheaper or not knowing what to get

Moon Raker

Everyone has paid for something and then seen it cheaper. Its part and parcel of life.You will get some good deals to make up for your losses, its swings and roundabouts.I've had some really bad waterproofs over the years.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
« Reply #367 on: 18:03:03, 24/09/17 »
huh????
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #368 on: 20:28:37, 24/09/17 »
Jamescoany, whats this about?

MikeW

« Reply #370 on: 00:56:42, 25/09/17 »
Some good looking deals coming up in Aldi this Thursday (28th September) on outdoor gear sold as cycling gear.
Marino wool (blend) bottoms and tops base layers long and short sleeved, gloves, neck warmers, arm warmers, waterproof trousers, and windproof jackets etc.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-09-28?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ACycling&page=0
« Last Edit: 00:59:45, 25/09/17 by MikeW »

lostme1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #371 on: 08:30:40, 25/09/17 »
Some good looking deals coming up in Aldi this Thursday (28th September) on outdoor gear sold as cycling gear.
Marino wool (blend) bottoms and tops base layers long and short sleeved, gloves, neck warmers, arm warmers, waterproof trousers, and windproof jackets etc.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2017-09-28?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ACycling&page=0

Thanks. I have been waiting for these to come in as I want some more
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

MudMagnet

« Reply #372 on: 08:47:50, 25/09/17 »
Just picked up an Osprey Existing 48 from Blacks this weekend. Originally £130, down to £117 and they also have another 15% off so got it for £99.45.
Just looking forward to getting it out on the hills now.

MudMagnet

« Reply #373 on: 09:55:12, 25/09/17 »
Above should be Exos not Existing - Damn you autocorrect.

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #374 on: 16:30:52, 27/09/17 »
Anybody looking for an ideal dog walking boot?

Altberg Defender Men's Boots Size UK 11 listed as new without box.

Buy It Now price £25 plus £2.90 postage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Combat-Boots-Size-11-/282671485306
« Last Edit: 16:35:22, 27/09/17 by kinkyboots »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy