Author Topic: A merry Christmas to everyone here on the forum.  (Read 5355 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: A merry Christmas to everyone here on the forum.
« Reply #15 on: 22:17:25, 22/12/16 »
I'd like to say good riddance to 2016 - you have been truly [insert expletive of choice]. Here's to a much better 2017  O0

Merry Christmas everyone  :)

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 00:40:45, 23/12/16 »
Fair to say I hate Christmas, I find it so depressing. I wish I could press a button and it would go away, but that's never toning to happen so hey ho.

Anyway, merry Christmas to each and everyone of you's  O0

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 09:19:14, 23/12/16 »
Agreed, largely. Wife and I are hosts to grown up offspring and aging parents and the amount of preparation is almost overwhelming. I have to put the rest of my life on hold for two weeks, what with the present buying and wrapping, alll the cards to write, the shopping for provisions and most of all giving the house the equivalent of a thorough spring clean inside and out.
I have it all mapped out with a lengthy to-do list, but this is disrupted by other people such as the old 'uns wanting you to do things for them, and unexpected things that weren't in the plan, such as a leak in the plumbing that I had to drop everything to fix.
By the time the big day arrives I am drained, on top of which the strain of being hosts takes its toll, what with keeping everyone fed, watered and entertained, while I despair at them treading mud onto the carpets, knocking things over and dropping litter and bits of food everywhere. And did I mention the cooking and tons of washing up?
Happy Christmas everyone  :(

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:43:21, 23/12/16 »
Agreed, largely. Wife and I are hosts to grown up offspring and aging parents and the amount of preparation is almost overwhelming. I have to put the rest of my life on hold for two weeks, what with the present buying and wrapping, alll the cards to write, the shopping for provisions and most of all giving the house the equivalent of a thorough spring clean inside and out.
I have it all mapped out with a lengthy to-do list, but this is disrupted by other people such as the old 'uns wanting you to do things for them, and unexpected things that weren't in the plan, such as a leak in the plumbing that I had to drop everything to fix.
By the time the big day arrives I am drained, on top of which the strain of being hosts takes its toll, what with keeping everyone fed, watered and entertained, while I despair at them treading mud onto the carpets, knocking things over and dropping litter and bits of food everywhere. And did I mention the cooking and tons of washing up?
Happy Christmas everyone  :(

Am I allowed to say - be glad you have family to host. What the hell if there are a few bits on the carpet - some people don't have carpets.
Hope you manage to extract some joy from the day.

Anyway - a very Merry Christmas to all and may 2017 bring nothing but happy times to your doors.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 09:45:04, 23/12/16 »

Tracey xx  :) :) :) :)

What an absolute cracker of a photo - can I steal it for a christmas card please.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 09:49:35, 23/12/16 »
среќен Божиќ и Среќна Нова Година  O0 :D

DevonDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 10:59:28, 23/12/16 »
среќен Божиќ и Среќна Нова Година  O0 :D

Среќен Божиќ и на тебе

(I hope that says what I think it does and not something rude!)  :)

JulianC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 11:53:59, 23/12/16 »
Spot on!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 12:16:09, 23/12/16 »
Merry Christmas to all.

From N. London, my very first Christmas away from Shropshire ever. So have been reading with interest some of the TR's in this area, many thanks,

And a happy and healthy New Year. :)
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 12:25:28, 23/12/16 »
Fair to say I hate Christmas, I find it so depressing. I wish I could press a button and it would go away, but that's never toning to happen so hey ho.

Anyway, merry Christmas to each and everyone of you's  O0

Likewise.

The time off is the best thing about it though.  The rest, meh.

10 days without work :)   :) :) 

Merry Xmas all.
If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 12:36:34, 23/12/16 »
Best wishes to everyone, whether celebrating Christmas or not, and here's hoping 2017 brings us all plenty of outdoors time on the hills or in the fields or along the beach or wherever we like to wander.

I've not been very active on the Walking Forum (or off it) this past month or so but even though I haven't logged in, I do regularly visit to catch up on everyone's pictures, reports and discussions. It really is a great website and that's down to the people who take part in it.

All the best  O0

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 12:37:06, 23/12/16 »
Merry Christmas to all

Solvitur Ambulando

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #27 on: 13:55:52, 23/12/16 »
Am I allowed to say - be glad you have family to host. What the hell if there are a few bits on the carpet - some people don't have carpets.
Hope you manage to extract some joy from the day.

Bah humbug. One year we're going to say to the family sod all of you, we're off the the Canaries for a week. Even if it does cost us two-and-a-half times the normal price. Just think of it, laying on the beach in 70+ F on Christmas Day. Bliss!

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: 14:04:47, 23/12/16 »
Just think of it, laying on the beach in 70+ F on Christmas Day. Bliss!

But you know that you would really be happier tramping through the Moelwyns in mist and rain.  :)

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 14:32:09, 23/12/16 »
I can can choose any of the other 51 weeks of the year for that!
There's some good walking to be had on Gran Canaria and Tenerife, shorts and tee shirt stuff, it rarely rains though can be misty high up,

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy