Author Topic: Langthwaite car park swaledale  (Read 1078 times)

pleb

• Veteran Member
Langthwaite car park swaledale
« on: 10:12:01, 04/09/20 »
Anybody know it? South end of village apparently, there's a walk in my book that means parking there, am guessing there aren't many spaces? Ta.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Langthwaite car park swaledale
« Reply #1 on: 13:23:08, 04/09/20 »
I assume you mean Arkengarthdale.   Car park is S of Langthwaite on E side of road.  Space for a dozen or more cars IIRC.  Also seem to recall they wanted cash to use it but that may be a figment of an aging memory.  The CB Inn up the hill N of the village on the right did good food and ale.  You can park on the opposite side of the road to the CB for free.  The Red Lion in the village itself, just across the beck is a character pub but the CB is better for food.  Appropriately, the next hamlet up the lane is Booze.
Solvitur Ambulando

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:07:48, 04/09/20 »
Yes that will be the place. Too far to go just to be unable to park.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:17:59, 04/09/20 »
Yes that will be the place. Too far to go just to be unable to park.
I never had an issue with parking there.  I usually parked opposite the CB - still have some lurking memory of exorbitant fees at the village car park.  If you are coming from the S, the official car park is on the right as you drop down to the village.  From the CB, the village itself is a short stroll downhill past the school.  There are quite a few good circular walks from there either to the W or the E.  If you have access to the OS website, I have parked a couple of routes from there
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/1914587/130207-Arkengarthdale-Fremington-Edge-and-Calver-Hill  and
https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/1911453/150515-Hurst-Moor

I see they both start from the CB!
Solvitur Ambulando

strawy

« Reply #4 on: 08:19:21, 05/09/20 »
I was walking in that area last week (BH Monday)that car park wasnt even full although there were plenty of people about,there was more cars parked up at the CB pub..
Even if these places were full,theres lots of spots along the road so you should find somewhere suitable.

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:05:20, 05/09/20 »
Cheers, all this is good.

stelarose

« Reply #6 on: 02:39:01, 01/12/20 »
Looks like Arkengarthdale

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy