Author Topic: unofficial montane spine/challenger  (Read 27364 times)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: unofficial montane spine/challenger
« Reply #30 on: 17:08:18, 10/01/20 »
Yes, Day 1 was bad last year but looking to be even worse this year  :(
Where there's a will ...

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: 17:11:25, 10/01/20 »
Almost impossible as with people being so tired, those that do manage to get some, there's always at least one mega snorer. Then there's comings and goings. it's best to just have a short lie down, a shower, clothing change and food and be on your way.Pavel is at Tan Hill inn at the moment taking part in some filming apparently.I think given the weather forecast there will be lots of retirements during day's 1 & 2. Wind, cold and rain are one thing but all three together takes their toll.

Thanks for the reply,Dave.The weather does look bad,especially during the Challenger tomorrow from mid-day onwards,high winds followed by several hours of torrential rain.

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #32 on: 17:17:41, 10/01/20 »
I always look for people to follow in the race and I've just noticed that in the Challenger there is a man who has the same name as me, though he spells it differently.

Great minds think alike Ridge! So I’m following Sue no. 171 and Toby no. 231 as thats my grandson’s name.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #33 on: 08:30:52, 11/01/20 »
Well they're off … dot watching now for a week  :)

Only know a couple doing the Challenger but quite a few on the full Spine so I'll be glued to the screen  O0
Where there's a will ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: 09:22:59, 11/01/20 »
Yes, that's a week lost to staring at a screen trying to work out who is where from when they last updated.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #35 on: 14:48:48, 11/01/20 »
Missing this year is the time individual trackers last updated, or at least I'm not seeing it, previous years this was shown so it makes it slightly more difficult to see what's happening.

Edit: It is there but not shown when you hover over a number, you need to click on it first.
Where there's a will ...

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: 17:10:47, 11/01/20 »
Well they are approaching Hebden Bridge after 9 hours, although perhaps it will take them 10 hours to where I stayed overnight, but it took me 3 days. :-[

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #37 on: 17:15:42, 11/01/20 »
I worry that I am getting blasé about the amazing speed they achieve. The person I am following is at the end of day 2 for any normal human being.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: 18:55:58, 11/01/20 »
426 has made a quick transition at Hebden Bridge and has at least a mile lead and nobody else has yet left.  It looks as though there is heavy rain there at the moment.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #39 on: 19:02:27, 11/01/20 »
426 has made a quick transition at Hebden Bridge and has at least a mile lead and nobody else has yet left.  It looks as though there is heavy rain there at the moment.
Curtis,the leader at Hebden,might still be in front as his tracker has stopped working again.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: 19:07:20, 11/01/20 »
He has it switched on now and he is still at Hebden Bridge.  However 419 is now chasing him.

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #41 on: 19:11:17, 11/01/20 »
He has it switched on now and he is still at Hebden Bridge.
Bit surprised really as he has been going strong all day.
 Weather looks really horrible and I am sure some will retire with hypothermia.Cold,high winds and heavy rain is a very unpleasant combination,probably far worse than a still night with temperatures of minus five.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: 20:03:33, 11/01/20 »
I don't envy them being out tonight, I wouldn't want to set foot outside my own front door it is so vile here.

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #43 on: 20:16:52, 11/01/20 »
Just returned to the computer from my nice warm kitchen after having a lovely meal.  Back to "The challenge" before I retire to my nice warm bed later!  I'm not surprised that 4 have had to retire already.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: 20:20:57, 11/01/20 »
Curtis,the leader at Hebden,might still be in front as his tracker has stopped working again.

Was passed at Hebden and now in third place
Where there's a will ...

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy