Author Topic: 512 mile round trip of the Pennine Way  (Read 4459 times)

hch

512 mile round trip of the Pennine Way
« on: 12:18:21, 20/06/07 »
AIM
On the 22nd July 2007 I, James Hannabuss (Hch) will be setting out on an EPIC journey of the Pennine Way, starting at Edale Derbyshire walking to Kirk Yetholm Scotland around 256 miles. On reaching Kirk Yetholm I will turn around and walk back to Edale 256 miles, a total of 512 miles, this should take no more than three weeks, ending on the 12th August 2007. I hope to cover at least 30 miles or more each day if I’m to fulfil this task I have set myself for charity.

The walk will be done by me alone, however, should you wish to join me at any stage you are more than welcome. I’m sure that over the three weeks I will cherish any form of support as I’m on my own and all the equipment I need for this will be carried on my back in a Burgen (back pack).  Food, clothes and I will be staying out sleeping under the stars for the full three weeks, come rain or shine this will be done.

Reason why
On the 5 Nov 06 to the delight of my wife Rachel and I, our daughter, Imani Grace Hannabuss was born.  Sadly all was not well.  From the 20wk scan we found out that she had fetal hydrops and told to expect the worse as not many babies survive. Imani meaning (believe) passed away two days later 7 Nov 06.  Following an autopsy we were told that Imani Grace Hannabuss died of a condition called Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis (HLH), a very rare condition.

Incentive
As this is a very rare condition and for the love and support of the Neonatal unit at the Jessops wing in Sheffield, I feel that, to aid in my grieving process, I want to help others that may find themselves in a similar situation, with regards to research and maybe find out what caused the condition how it might be treated in the future. Nothing could be worse than losing a loved one, let alone not knowing or never finding out why.

I am walking the Pennine Way to raise money for Jessops Special Care Neonatal Unit; I hope that by raising some money, the unit will be able to buy more equipment to look after both premature and poorly babies, giving families hope and the babies the medical attention they require. 

Staff in the Special Care Baby Unit at the Jessops Wing in Sheffield work very hard and give their love and support day in day out, week to week, month and year, by raising this money just might help with extra care, research and will help families who may find themselves in this situation, buy giving a donation small or large it makes all the difference.

Help me to help others please.

To make your donation easier you can go on line to
www.justgiving.com/jameshannabuss [nofollow]

I can not thank you enough for your support.

James Hannabuss (Hch)

:uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

If any one has some sound advice I'm all ears, however i would like to no of any  decent/cheap camp sites on route?
« Last Edit: 17:48:50, 17/07/07 by hch »

Chris

• Administrator
Re: 512 mile round trip of the Pennine Way
« Reply #1 on: 20:47:03, 20/06/07 »
Donation made.

Good luck and be sure to let us know how you get on.

hch

« Reply #2 on: 20:50:21, 20/06/07 »
will do mate, you got a start date for your walk yet? and thanks for the donation :)

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 20:55:43, 20/06/07 »
My walk?? Oh no, I haven't just signed up to walk the Penine Way twice have I?  ;)

hch

« Reply #4 on: 20:58:03, 20/06/07 »
sorry chris see you 22 july 0400hrs @ Edale! HA HA ;D

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy