Author Topic: Monday 31.08.2009 Bank Holiday walk I did to see If I was fit enough.  (Read 1625 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
I decided to do this walk to see if I could do such a distance and curious if I could tackle the Yorkshire Three Peaks.

This walk is shorter and not as much hill climbing. I just made the walk up in the morning loaded, it on my Garmin Etrex and went .

Arrived at Heatherdene car park and l started walk at 1010 am (later than I had wanted to)

Yorkshire Bridge
Win Hill Pike
Thorn Hill Brink
Wooler Knoll
Hope Cross
Crook Stone Knoll
Ringing Rodger
Upper Tor
Crowden Tower
Edale Head
Top of Jacob's Ladder
Brown Knoll
Golborne
Rushup Edge
Lord's Seat
Mam Tor
Hollins Cross
Back Tor
Lose Hill
Townhead
Cemy birchfield
Twitchill Farm
Win Hill Pike
Ladybower Res
Heatherdene car park

Arrived back at My car 2010pm tired! :D

Had a pint of brown refreshment at Ladybower Inn,  my water having run out at Lose Hill. Never has a pint tasted so good before, felt so cold or lasted such little time ;D

If interested here is my original GPS   Gpx file created on http://maps.the-hug.net/index.php
and can be loaded back in to view my route over a map of the area.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=WinHill1.gpx ( double click for GPX file of route )

I only started taking pictures from Win Hill Pike

On the way back the last few go out of focus either I was knackerd or the low light was affecting the camera focus stabilizer.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2035092&id=1365810846&l=6e7cf9fe38 (double click link )

Yomper

• Account Closed
You're a real trooper Jim  O0

Well done sir  :)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Cheers John Mate O0

radder

• Veteran Member
Well done Jim  O0
That's the Edale Skyline you've walked with a bit more added on, "Respect" not many that could walk that. See you on the 27th for the Y3P  ;)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Well done Jim  O0
That's the Edale Skyline you've walked with a bit more added on, "Respect" not many that could walk that. See you on the 27th for the Y3P  ;)

Cheers Mark appreciate it mate O0

genji

• Account Closed
Massive walk, Jim. Kudos.
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

StephB

Sounds like a great walk.  Is it the longest you've done so far?  

ETA: Great pics.  Whereabouts are you for pics 16, 17 and 64?

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Massive walk, Jim. Kudos.

Thank you Genji O0

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Sounds like a great walk.  Is it the longest you've done so far?  

Hi again StephB

Yes that  is my longest so far.

ETA: Great pics.  Whereabouts are you for pics 16, 17 and 64?

Pictures 16 and 17 had me thinking for a moment but it is at the top of Grinds brook, on Kinder scout. Which can be accessed by carrying on up past the pub we all had a good time at during the Sunday weaklings meet StephB  O0

Picture 64 is stood on the path going up the side of Win Hill Pike, looking back along the path I came up. Win Hill stands on the shore of Ladybower Reservoir and if you come to the Sept 5th meet you will be able to look across from Heatherdene car park at Win Hill.

Hope to see you all Ladybower Reservoir and Derwent Edge Saturday 5th September  O0

rayf52

• Veteran Member
good photos jim and good that you have stepped up a gear distance wise O0 O0 ithink the 2 walks in the lakes have helped give you the fitness for the peak district. O0 O0 well done

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
good photos jim and good that you have stepped up a gear distance wise O0 O0 ithink the 2 walks in the lakes have helped give you the fitness for the peak district. O0 O0 well done

Cheer Ray means alot Mate  O0 and yes somehow walking above 2000FT has lifted my fitness, just need to push my leg recovery up hill, still plodding up.   Thing is I was tired but I think with a break I could of walked more only thing was feeling the stones through my boots and a couple of small blisters ( might of been my socks though as I did not wear my coolmax  socks, so feet were hot and sweaty! which cooks the skin and makes it soft ) other than that a small amount of chaffing.

Oh and I wore some lightweight  ankle and hand weights..

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy