Author Topic: Evening All!  (Read 4824 times)

Emu Head

Evening All!
« on: 18:10:58, 15/01/07 »
Hello, as you can see from my vast post count this is my first time here.

I'm not really a walker, more of a cyclist / runner, but I have managed to get myself roped into a coast-to-coast  trek (St. Bees -> Robin Hood's Bay) in the coming summer.  I'll try not  to ask too many daft questions as I can see there is quite a lot of info available already.

My fitness levels are fairly good, but we are hoping to cover the route inside 12 days and I know that every activity requires fitness or strength in different areas - anything in particular I should try to prepare myself for please?

Thank you!
Mac.

Deerplay

Re: Evening All!
« Reply #1 on: 22:59:15, 15/01/07 »
I'm no expert but if you're a runner already I would have thought that was pretty good by way of fitness, training and preparation. I'm a cyclist too and people do say that cyclists develop musculature that doesn't help in walking, or running for that matter but I have never found this. I assume it only really comes into play if you have the background of a competitive, or professional cyclist. I suppose that I would have to suggest that you try some walks of the distance and type of terrain you intend to cover each day and see how you get on. You should be fine. Walking is easy, it's just putting one foot in front of another! I had worries in the summer that I wouldn't be able to cope with a long distance path after a long, enforced lay off. I wasn't quite up to my previous best but it went OK.
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy