Author Topic: child seats for bikes...  (Read 2169 times)

solo backpacker

child seats for bikes...
« on: 15:50:05, 01/06/07 »
i know i'm a little off topic this being a walking site and all but does anyone know of a child carrying system capable of being fitted to a full suspension mountain bike?
Man, I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [censored] we don't need.

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Re: child seats for bikes...
« Reply #1 on: 13:34:28, 02/06/07 »
solo backpacker. You could try this forum www.CyclingForums.com hope this help's
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Chris

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: 12:05:20, 06/06/07 »
I've got an Avenir trailer buggy that attaches to the rear wheel axle. If you have a conventional spindle you bolt on this small stub which stays there permanently, and then you attach the buggy to that when needed.

Got it new off ebay for £35, and can take up to 2 kids. Judging by the cost of hiring them, it paid for itself after just a couple of trips.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:55:55, 06/06/07 »
Snap, Chris .. though foolishly I paid a little more £99.00.  I found this trailer was easily detachable, and could pretty much fit onto any bike.  The only real problem I had with it was that it was heavy when doing long distance (I think the furthest I took it, with the two lads, was about 30+ miles) and the hills were a killer.

Also, when the bike was finally nicked (sob sob), I found it a nightmare trying to find a replacement adaptor for the rear axle, which obviously disappeared with the bike.

In regard to child seats, I had a great one, but it wouldn't have worked on a full suspension bike, but it wasn't great for when the little one nodded off, she couldn't get fully comfortable.

solo backpacker

« Reply #4 on: 17:12:32, 06/06/07 »
thanks for the help on this.

i hired a trailer while away last wend, i stayed at spiers house which is a forestry commission run campsite with loads of hilly track based biking. the trailer was really hard work on the slightly rougher and up hill areas. i assume my combined three year old and trailer weight, plus my general recent poor fitness contributed.
Man, I see the strongest and smartest men who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars. Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate so we can buy [censored] we don't need.

solo backpacker

« Reply #5 on: 17:13:16, 06/06/07 »
also, i paid £2.50 for the day hire! bargain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy