Author Topic: Brexit: Dover inland border checkpoint planned on farmland  (Read 2061 times)

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Very sorry to hear of this plan.   Please let us know if there's a petition, Dave.  But I fear it will be a losing battle.

There's an online petition on change.org opposing the plan.

Here's the introduction:

The Government is seeking to create an additional Inland Border Facility in Guston to accommodate new custom and border controls commencing from 1 July 2021. Fields in the village of Guston, have been earmarked for this new customs checkpoint which will be sited adjacent to family homes. Local residents and our community are devastated with these plans which will be detrimental to village way of life, imposing noise, air and light pollution from the 1200 lorries that could use the facility.  Guston is a peaceful historic hamlet and an area of outstanding natural beauty and allowing a lorry clearance site in the village centre will slaughter of our way of life enabling the Government to rob community privacy and our residents entitlement to live peacefully.

And here is the link to the petition:

https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-inland-boarder-facility-white-cliffs-guston-dover

I've never liked the pushiness of change.org, but I signed the petition anyway. Needs must!
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
Signed.  Thanks for the link, Dave

Jac

• Veteran Member
Signed :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Signed.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy