Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 278689 times)

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1215 on: 17:14:14, 24/06/20 »
I'm hiding from the sun today. I cut the front lawn a lunch time.  I may cut the back later, if/when things cool down a little.   :)

strawy

« Reply #1216 on: 22:43:59, 24/06/20 »
A favourite circular walk today,Reeth-Langthwaite,sweating started after 10 mins and it never really stopped  :-[
First time ive walked it since the floods of last year,was stunned at the damage caused.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1217 on: 08:08:54, 25/06/20 »
A favourite circular walk today,Reeth-Langthwaite,sweating started after 10 mins and it never really stopped  :-[
First time ive walked it since the floods of last year,was stunned at the damage caused.

Nice part of the world - must pay a visit to Swaledale soon, and Arkengarthdale is a gem.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

strawy

« Reply #1218 on: 11:16:48, 25/06/20 »

Nice part of the world - must pay a visit to Swaledale soon, and Arkengarthdale is a gem.
Yes,well worth a visit  O0

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1219 on: 08:22:15, 26/06/20 »
High Street from Mardale Head via Rough Edge, than a meander round from the Knott to Gray Crag, descending via Nan Bield Pass.  Grovelling for the last couple of miles as the heat was intense.  Very glad to get back to the car, but a wonderful day, topped off by a Zoom quiz with four Evertonians last night - some things are worth waiting for  ;D

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1220 on: 10:02:36, 26/06/20 »
High Street from Mardale Head via Rough Edge, than a meander round from the Knott to Gray Crag, descending via Nan Bield Pass.  Grovelling for the last couple of miles as the heat was intense.  Very glad to get back to the car, but a wonderful day, topped off by a Zoom quiz with four Evertonians last night - some things are worth waiting for  ;D

Sounds like a good airy high level meander - any photos?
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1221 on: 11:58:07, 26/06/20 »
Very few Richard - got a couple of ok shots of Haweswater from the beginning of Rough Crag then hardly got the camera out  :-[ .  I was concentrating on keeping my legs moving in the heat.  I will try harder next time, promise.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1222 on: 17:37:30, 26/06/20 »
17 miles: Chestfield, Bullockstone, Herne, Hunters Forstal, Broomfield, Hillborough, Bishopstone Cliffs, Beltinge Cliffs, Herne Bay, Long Rock, Tankerton, Whitstable.

Write up with photos here: Completely Covering Kent  :)
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1223 on: 22:55:14, 26/06/20 »
17 miles: Chestfield, Bullockstone, Herne, Hunters Forstal, Broomfield, Hillborough, Bishopstone Cliffs, Beltinge Cliffs, Herne Bay, Long Rock, Tankerton, Whitstable.

Write up with photos here: Completely Covering Kent  :)
Decent little trek Dave.  O0

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1224 on: 22:57:48, 26/06/20 »
Pleasant walk on Dartmoor with MrsG this afternoon.   Pork hill to White tor and back via the stone circle, Roos tor and Staple tor's

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1225 on: 14:01:49, 03/07/20 »
Treyarnon Bay back to Newquay for me today, the reverse of my regular route.  12 miles along a VERY windy southwest coast path.  If id tied string around the dog i could have flown him like a kite!

one step then another then another then a bench - please?

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1226 on: 15:22:17, 03/07/20 »
Treyarnon Bay back to Newquay for me today, the reverse of my regular route.  12 miles along a VERY windy southwest coast path.  If id tied string around the dog i could have flown him like a kite!

Lovely walk, I know the route so well from my surfing days.  Do you drop down Strasse Cliff into Watergate bay or head along the top?  I almost always drop down and enjoy the beach down to Porth.

watershed

« Reply #1227 on: 16:29:07, 03/07/20 »
The 5 mile restriction on travelling has been lifted in Scotland today so I was able to head for Shetlands highest hill for a wander.
My son and I only did 4.5 miles but it was great to get back into the wilds.
Road walking has its uses, but is so boring compared with the hills.
There were Plenty of wild flowers and Golden Plovers my favourite bird.
Next time I am up I will go further and see If the snowy Owl is still here and spy on some Red throated Divers.
Lang Clodie Wick also Beckons.

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1228 on: 17:30:52, 03/07/20 »
The 5 mile restriction on travelling has been lifted in Scotland today so I was able to head for Shetlands highest hill for a wander.
My son and I only did 4.5 miles but it was great to get back into the wilds.
Road walking has its uses, but is so boring compared with the hills.
There were Plenty of wild flowers and Golden Plovers my favourite bird.
Next time I am up I will go further and see If the snowy Owl is still here and spy on some Red throated Divers.
Lang Clodie Wick also Beckons.

always go along the top, not been brave enough to scramble down the cliff but i often see surfers carrying their boards down that way.  braver souls than me :)

cornwallcoastpathdweller

« Reply #1229 on: 17:31:51, 03/07/20 »

always go along the top, not been brave enough to scramble down the cliff but i often see surfers carrying their boards down that way.  braver souls than me :)

whoops! clicked on the wrong quote button, should have been Buzyg's

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy