Author Topic: TR - More snow on Hampsfell  (Read 1942 times)

photonut

Re: TR - More snow on Hampsfell
« Reply #15 on: 09:35:24, 02/02/21 »
Great pics Richard, I'm amazed I didn't bump into you as I was up there at a similar time.... judging by the level of the mist.

The snow that day was not forecast at all, it totally scuppered my plans for the day  >:(

Not as much snow today :(

Cheers
Lee

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 17:50:34, 02/02/21 »
Thanks Lee. I do enjoy Hampsfell, lucky to have such interesting country on my doorstep. I was up on Fell End today, wet snow on the ground, and wet rain in the air, but Tess loved it. A modest hill, but wannabe cornices had formed along the western edge.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

photonut

« Reply #17 on: 08:49:22, 03/02/21 »
Thanks Lee. I do enjoy Hampsfell, lucky to have such interesting country on my doorstep. I was up on Fell End today, wet snow on the ground, and wet rain in the air, but Tess loved it. A modest hill, but wannabe cornices had formed along the western edge.

I was up there yesterday afternoon but it wasn't very inspiring.  As you say though, we are lucky to have that on our doorstep and I enjoy walking Tithe Allotment - Hampsfell - Fell End no matter what the weather.

I shall keep my eyes pealed for you and Tess.... no doubt one day we may bump into each other.

Cheers
Lee

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 09:20:58, 03/02/21 »
I look forward to that, Lee. :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy