Author Topic: Newbie from Shropshire  (Read 964 times)

Starling

• Veteran Member
Newbie from Shropshire
« on: 13:19:26, 20/04/09 »
Hi there.  I'm a newbie from Shropshire, England and found this site while searching for the Cleveland Hike Challenge.

I enjoy walking but found that middle age and two children have slowed down my walking rate.  I'm just about to complete a BELA course and would like to meet up with anyone in shropshire, or just chat to anyone else really.

Cheers

(Just put this in the Welcome section, too. Sorry :-[)
Life is a journey... always take the scenic route

Yomper

• Account Closed
Re: Newbie from Shropshire
« Reply #1 on: 13:37:04, 20/04/09 »
Hello & Welcome  :)

Plenty of discussion on here for you  ;)

Cheers

Yomper

jmtyke

« Reply #2 on: 20:04:47, 20/04/09 »
Hello

Why are you in a cage?

kkm

« Reply #3 on: 20:37:44, 20/04/09 »
hello there!  i've friends and relatives in the shropshire area.   not done any walking there yet, but keep saying i will go for a walk up the wrekin.......... ;D

where do you recommend ?

Starling

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 13:30:37, 21/04/09 »
Hi There. Thanks for saying hello.

Why are you in a cage?

The 'Starling in a Cage' is a story I read when I was 10 about a pet starling who was kept in a cage.  The narrator describes how the bird keeps saying 'I can't get out' and takes pity.  However, the cage is locked and the narrator cannot set free the unhappy bird. 

It's a story that I felt somehow connected to as my family were very strict.  Then I married and had children and felt trapped.  Now the situation has changed and I am out of my cage at last and feel happy.

i've friends and relatives in the shropshire area.   not done any walking there yet, but keep saying i will go for a walk up the wrekin.......... where do you recommend ?[/

I live very close to the Wrekin and it has a lovely view from the top.  On a clear day you can see across the Shropshire Plain, Wales and the hills of South Shropshire.  The Brown Clee hill is the highest hill in Shropshire.  The best thing about Shropshire is that is easily accessible to Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Wales.  And it has loads of long distance paths and historical importance.

Hope to keep in touch. :)
Life is a journey... always take the scenic route

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy