Author Topic: High Peak trail for the British Heart Foundation. Sponsors needed  (Read 3041 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Know what you mean. I like to have some cash with me just in case.

Forecast is for rain, more rain, sleet and maybe snow. So a fun day out all round.

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Did it! ;D

Weather was appalling, when it wasn't raining it was sleeting, when it was sleeting it was snowing. Snowed pretty much all the time.

No blisters, but much chafing due to 6 hours of waterproof overtrouser wear  (when I took them off I steamed!). So ouch ouch ouch. Be right in a day or two though.

Apparently conditions were the worst they've been for years. Typical.

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Feriol

Well done mate.
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

summitzero

• Veteran Member
Well Done  O0 O0
Hope you recover fully and soon
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Thanks. Quite a high drop out rate apparently. At the 10 mile stage there's a soup kitchen type affair, someone collapsed there (he was fine after a few minutes).

My injuries (apart from maybe just not bothering with overtrousers next time, or getting some very very breathable ones) will be fine and I feel good (but thats a few good Single Malts for you). Shares in Germoline, Sudacrem and Savlon will be going up soon due to demand.  ;)

There wont be as report as such cos the weather meant I coudn't use a camera without it dying.  :(

I'll post the grand total when we know it, looks to be over £1000. Oh and best of all 5 started in our group and 5 finished.
Dazza
--------

darksky

• Veteran Member
 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 O0 WELL DONE PAL.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Just noticed I never posted what we raised.

In total it was £1359.

Oh and just signed up for this years walk as well. Hopefully the weather will be better!
Dazza
--------

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
In total it was £1359.

Crikey! O0 ;)
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy