Author Topic: Hanagal boots and big brands  (Read 680 times)

Ronin83

Hanagal boots and big brands
« on: 20:55:13, 21/02/19 »
So I came across a Chinese manufacturer of outdoor footwear called Hanagal.
They seem to sell large quantities to companies with a 'white label' option. Theres mention of adding your own brand, redesign and colour etc.
Looking through their selection, some boots seem uncannily familiar. I guess it's not surprising, but still a little disappointing, that big brands may be just tweeking a boot designed and made in China and sticking their own name on it. Far from the times of European boot makers designing and hand crafting high quality footwear(an image which is still portrayed to us).

Here's an example of boots which look exactly the same as Scarpa R Evo Pro gtx...
http://m.hanagal.com/outdoor-shoes/mountain-boots/blue-suede-waterproof-lightweight.html

I kind of want to order 1 pair just out of curiosity (if theyre silly cheap)

Maggot

Re: Hanagal boots and big brands
« Reply #1 on: 20:59:14, 21/02/19 »
Get on Word, knock yourself up some walking shop headed notepaper, set up a free email account and pretend you are a walking shop.  They are willing to send you a sample pair it seems!

I have quite a bit of Chinese stuff, and improves all the time.  I would give them a punt if you can't get a sample pair!

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:21:18, 21/02/19 »
If Hanagal is genuine it looks worth a try.
They don't look bad at all, mind you import duty & VAT may just kill a low purchase price.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 07:56:06, 22/02/19 »
I wonder how you would go about getting a problem resolved if the item was faulty.

Ronin83

« Reply #4 on: 08:08:55, 22/02/19 »
So they've replied already!
Theyve said I can buy what I want, but warned id have to pay freight, of course.

Next ill choose a pair and ask about price

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy