Author Topic: T/R Glencoe Forum meet 2017  (Read 6078 times)

jontea

• Veteran Member
Re: T/R Glencoe Forum meet 2017
« Reply #15 on: 06:41:28, 27/10/17 »
It is no wonder we have so few meet ups organised on this forum, as it only takes one patronising and insulting post to put people off organising an event.

However, I do thank those of you who have a bit more understanding of how these meets are organised for the benefit of ALL forum members who might travel from any corner of the UK to attend.

Just to put it into context, this forum has had about 11 or 12 hostel meeting around the country over the last few years and this unfortunately as far as I'm aware was the first time weather has forced a walk to be abandoned.

Once again guys thanks for the support  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 09:08:52, 27/10/17 »
Whether the inappropriate post, which personally I considered pointless, was intended to stir things up or not I can't help thinking that it might have been better to simply ignore it.
« Last Edit: 10:48:00, 27/10/17 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 10:11:54, 27/10/17 »
I'm afraid to say I have blindly booked some expensive accommodation in Keswick next April.  :(

Fortunately, following the sage advice of others, I have a contingency plan in the event of poor weather.  8)

Route as follows:

The Wainwright, The Dog & Gun, Oddfellows Arms, The Royal Oak, The Chief Justice Of The Common Pleas, The Twa Dogs. 3 miles, 27m of ascent, 5-6 hours.  O0

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 19:38:43, 27/10/17 »
Route as follows:

The Wainwright, The Dog & Gun, Oddfellows Arms, The Royal Oak, The Chief Justice Of The Common Pleas, The Twa Dogs. 3 miles, 27m of ascent, 5-6 hours.  O0

Sounds like a perfect route to us, but really, only 5-6 hours? Ya bleddy lightweights  :D :crazy2:  :)
Hate will never win

Summit

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 20:15:09, 27/10/17 »
Jontea

Thanks for organising this fantastic trip mate. It was brilliant catching up with old friends. Spending time in the hills is not something I have done for a while and I intend to do a lot more. Hopefully we can meet up again at the forum hostel meets around the country.

I fancy the lakes trip Percy has organised and I feel I will maybe even pray for heavy rain. His alternative route sounds fantastic.

Take care mate and ignore people who only want to bring you down. I’ve found karma has its own fantastic way of sorting negative people out in the long run.

BURN FAT NOT OIL

Percy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 06:30:58, 28/10/17 »
Sounds like a perfect route to us, but really, only 5-6 hours? Ya bleddy lightweights  :D :crazy2: :)
I'm always happy to take advice from an expert.  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy