Author Topic: Advice for getting to SWCP  (Read 3010 times)

Douger

Advice for getting to SWCP
« on: 17:50:40, 15/04/19 »
Coming from the US in the next few weeks.  First time on the path.  Where would be the best place to fly into.  Thinking of flying into Dublin or LHR and then taking a short cheap flight to Newquay and hike to Plymouth.  Any other options.  Not too picky as to where I start but would like to be as efficient as possible.  Thanks for the tips in advance.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Advice for getting to SWCP
« Reply #1 on: 17:57:40, 15/04/19 »
Newquay airport is within easy walking distance of the SWCP.  If you wanted to start at the beginning you could fly to Bristol then train to Minehead.
Solvitur Ambulando

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:32:01, 15/04/19 »
If flying into Heathrow Airport then you could get a train from London to Poole and walk what I would say is the wrong way round - I prefer walking from Minehead!  If you want to start at Minehead then get a train from London to Taunton and then a bus to Minehead (that is what I did).

If flying into Gatwick then train to Reading then change to get to Taunton, then bus to Minehead or
if you prefer to start at Poole then train from Gatwick to London (Clapham Junction) then train to Poole.

National Express do a coach service from London to Taunton and to Poole.

hongkongphooey

« Reply #3 on: 02:27:52, 16/04/19 »
Enterprise Car Rental have an office in Poole, so if your not on a budget nor traveling light then I would recommended flying to LHR, pick up hire car and drop off in Poole

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:21:41, 16/04/19 »

All good advice above.
SWCP is really easy to access by public transport from London
National Express coaches also go to Barnstaple, Brixham,Torquay, Penzance, Plymouth. though not the speediest way to travel.
Rail also direct to Poole, Dawlish, Teignmouth, Torquay, Plymouth, St Ives, Penzance. Branch lines to Barnstaple and Looe.

If you flew into Bristol there is an hourly bus service from Bristol airport to Plymouth for £24 single.

So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy