Author Topic: Petition against a Zip Wire across Kinlochleven  (Read 2056 times)

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Petition against a Zip Wire across Kinlochleven
« Reply #1 on: 17:49:51, 21/07/19 »
Blokes in kilts on a zip wire, I'm definitely signing up to stop that.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:09:48, 21/07/19 »
Signed. We need to keep our wildest places as wild as we can.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 23:03:02, 22/07/19 »
Thanks Ridge and Bigfoot Mike  O0

Some images of the area for those who don't know it:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=loch+leven+glencoe&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjOuZ_twsnjAhVklFwKHdqvDmcQ_AUIEigC&biw=1097&bih=498

I went there a few years ago. It doesn't need any zip wires; it is perfect without them.
Hate will never win

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:10:13, 22/07/19 »
Signed

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:01:57, 23/07/19 »
Not a good way forward for Kinlochleven - degrading the stunning natural environment that makes the area so attractive to anyone who loves the outdoors.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:20:09, 23/07/19 »
Hadn't come across any of this and the petition and I stay within an hour of Kinlochleven.
When I first came to Kinlochleven in the early 1960's the village seemed to be an industrial place with the  ore for  smelting into aluminium building doing its thing...boats were seen in the sea loch bringing in the ore.
In more recent times the old disused building was converted into a place for outdoor connected stuff with the ice factory doing good business with the practice ice climbing walls along with climbing walls and all the rest including an outside kind-of ropes and cable thing for youngsters to have a protected adventure thing.
Maybe the Zipwire thing is something connected with the existing facilities?

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10:31:06, 23/07/19 »
 O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 18:53:21, 23/07/19 »
In more recent times the old disused building was converted into a place for outdoor connected stuff with the ice factory doing good business with the practice ice climbing walls along with climbing walls and all the rest including an outside kind-of ropes and cable thing for youngsters to have a protected adventure thing.
Maybe the Zipwire thing is something connected with the existing facilities?

I think it is a separate venture. It is similar to the Thirlmere Zip Wires in that the wires will go across the loch from high up on one of the mountains. It will ruin Kinlochleven, it is horrifying.

See this article:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/highlands/1799390/zip-wire-row-rips-through-kinlochleven-community/

Please sign the petition

https://www.change.org/p/the-highland-council-stop-the-kinlochleven-zip-wires?recruiter=57909737&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_abi&utm_term=psf_combo_share_initial&recruited_by_id=d3da0920-c317-0130-ec5c-3c764e04873b&share_bandit_exp=abi-16633300-en-GB&share_bandit_var=v1&utm_content=fht-16633300-en-gb%3Av2
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy