Author Topic: TR - South Ronaldsay Coast  (Read 4687 times)

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - South Ronaldsay Coast
« Reply #15 on: 10:05:05, 24/09/19 »
My own visit to this area was very brief....well we only reached a small section of this coast after our visit to the Old Man.
I recall a café and some sort of a place where you checked in for a tour of the eagles cave?
It is a fine quiet area and we were just there for a couple of routes on the sea cliffs before catching the summer ferry back to John o groats. I sure that we went, more or less, straight down from the café location whereas your route took you towards the Eagles cave and beyond.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 20:13:00, 24/09/19 »
Fabulous photos Richard  O0 What a lovely coastline it is  :)

Were they trainee geese?  ;)
Hate will never win

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 20:27:17, 24/09/19 »
I recall a café and some sort of a place where you checked in for a tour of the eagles cave?

There's a glass fronted bistro about half way along the south coast (just east of the lochan), and a hot drinks machine and freezer full of lovely Orkney ice cream at the Tomb of the Eagles visitor centre, which is a bit inland.

Fabulous photos Richard  O0 What a lovely coastline it is  :)

Were they trainee geese?  ;)

Thank April - it is. Sometimes the coastline is a bit inaccessible, but there are paths along quite a bit of the S. Ronaldsay coast.

This evening, whilst out with the dog, there was a huge flock of several hundred geese over the misty bay below us, wheeling backwards and forwards in the dusk looking for somewhere to roost - a stunning sight - and sound.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy