Author Topic: A Hostel Walk  (Read 886 times)

LMac27

A Hostel Walk
« on: 03:16:26, 17/01/19 »
Morning All,
I am in the process of trying to link 3 hostels to make up a circular walk to do in April over 2 nights. I want the route to pass over fell tops but not be an absolute killer. It's trickier than you think. I would like each leg to be a good days walking possibly around Ennerdale, buttermere or Eskdale and preferably starting in Langdale or Grasmere. It's a head scratcher. If anybody has any ideas that can help me that would be great. Thank you. O0

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Re: A Hostel Walk
« Reply #1 on: 12:38:11, 17/01/19 »
I did a walk last summer staring from Gt Langdale NT camp site (good place to leave car).
The first day involved walking over Great Gable, Haystacks and staying over at Honister YHA.
The second saw me going over Dale Head and the Newlands fells to Keswick (handy as you can buy as opposed to carrying food).
The third day, I got the bus to Seatoller and then walked over Glaramara, Allen Crags, Esk Pike and Bowfell and returned to my car.

Plenty of valley alternatives.

Glyno

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:40:15, 17/01/19 »
...you could even substitute Black Sail YHA or Buttermere YHA for Honister YHA (I would, personally).

LMac27

« Reply #3 on: 03:21:31, 18/01/19 »
So here's the rough plan, from Grasmere up Dollywagon to Clough Head then to Keswick. From Keswick over catbells and down Dalehead to honister on to Black Sail. From BS over GG past angle tarn heading to Easedale tarn and down to Grasmere 👍🤪 40m total..17m day one, then 12, then 11

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy